-Rehabbers- What about capitol gains taxes? - Posted by Brad (FL)

Posted by Brad (FL) on November 17, 2000 at 15:24:31:

More than doubled my money in 8 months and had it rented for 6 of those and I hold a note for the new buyer… pretty good I’d say for my first one! It was a major dump though. The second is underway and I do have it with my new Corp. But the first one I did under my name. Just wondering about people’s experiences either way.
Brad

-Rehabbers- What about capitol gains taxes? - Posted by Brad (FL)

Posted by Brad (FL) on November 17, 2000 at 13:55:37:

I hear alot on this board about rehabbing and selling within a month or two. What do Y’all do about the taxes? I’ve done one and I’m on my second and would like input from experienced rehabbers. Tax time isn’t that far away :frowning:
Thanks in advance,
Brad

Re: -Rehabbers- What about capitol gains taxes? - Posted by Jen-LA

Posted by Jen-LA on November 17, 2000 at 15:20:41:

We just pay em- put it in an account when you get the check and it won’t hurt so bad at tax time…

Re: -Rehabbers- What about capitol gains taxes? - Posted by Jonathan_FL

Posted by Jonathan_FL on November 17, 2000 at 15:01:55:

PAY THEM, it really depends what type of business structure you have. How much REAL profitt that you show. If you are doing them personally then you have a BIG BULLS eye on your back. Try a Corp or something like that. Talk to your accountant and lawyer. Bronchick has a lot of great stuff Corp and LLC stuff. I am restructuring my business interests.

Happy Investing.

PS How did you do on the Rehab?

Jonathan