REI club meetings - Posted by Smitty(VA)

Posted by Jim Horn on January 20, 2002 at 09:06:26:

Smitty,

We have a club in Martinsburg, West Virginia, just across the border from Fredrick Maryland, Hagerstown, and Winchester. The club meets on the third Thursday of the the month at seven P.M. at the Martinsburg Public Library. The name is the West Virginia Landlord’s Association of the Eastern Panhandle. As the name implies, we are affiliated with the state group of a similar name. Feel free to email me. I am the newly elected president of the group. While we have landlord in our name, we also are interested in real estate investing in all of its facets. Martinsburg is a growing real estate market you might want to look at in any event. We are at the end of the commuter rail line, making us a fringe 'burb of D.C. metro area. Our town is near Harper’s Ferry, where the Shenandoah and the Potomac rivers join, and a beautiful place to live and work from. We have not reached the “fern bar” look of Frederic yet, and that is good news for you. There are still houses and even small apartment units available under fifty. Good luck to you.

REI club meetings - Posted by Smitty(VA)

Posted by Smitty(VA) on January 19, 2002 at 14:25:26:

I live in Northern Virginia. I am well aware of the local rei groups section on this website. Boy am I aware. I check it daily in hopes that there is a new group meeting in my area and everyday I am disappointed. Since the phone numbers of the investor groups on this listing for Virginia that would serve my area are no longer in service also the newest addition to that listing will not answer any of my emails or phone calls leading me to believe that these groups are no longer in existence, would it benefit me to attend a real estate investor group meeting in another state such as Baltimore, Maryland (about 1 hour from me) even though I live in Virginia ? or does anyone know of any real estate investor groups that are active in my area? and lastly, isn’t it the responsibility of the actual investor group to keep that information current?

Please help. I really wish someone would keep this information current because I would really like to attend group meetings.

Cordially,
Smitty(VA)

Re: REI club meetings - Posted by Sharonda

Posted by Sharonda on January 24, 2002 at 11:44:29:

Smitty,

There is a NOVA REI mtg being held on Tuesday Feb 5th at Sherwood Hall Branch Library 2501 Sherwood Lane, Alexandria. For more information contact NOVA RE Investor’s Group Frazier O’Leary 703-768-3325 .

Hope this helps.

-Sharonda

Re: REI club meetings - Posted by scott in va

Posted by scott in va on January 23, 2002 at 12:03:10:

I am in va also and am also looking ot form a club anyone in va interested let me know im in fredricksburg and working in northern va so anywhere in between would be good