REI Clubs - Posted by Michael Singleton

Posted by Carol on February 28, 1999 at 06:16:30:

Hi!
Try using the search function. There was a lot of conversation on this subject about 4 months ago it seems to me, and while I don’t remember the specifics, my guess is that you can pull it up.
(Newsgroup I)
Good luck.
Carol

REI Clubs - Posted by Michael Singleton

Posted by Michael Singleton on February 24, 1999 at 13:55:44:

Hello,

My name is Michael and I’m interested in starting a REI club in my area but I have never been in one nor know the first thing about starting one. I need your help. Can anyone provide me with some information, guidelines, the DOs and DON’Ts on starting a REI clubs?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: REI Clubs - Posted by Jetsmith

Posted by Jetsmith on March 02, 1999 at 10:59:49:

Hey Mike,
You can contact Scott Britton through his webpage www.realestatesuccess.com and request his article on how to start a RE club.
Then what I did was post on the Newsgroup and asked if anyone was interested in a RE Club in my county in FLorida. I had looked under local RE Clubs on this website and found that the closest ones were about an hours drive in either direction so I decided to find people a little closer to home to get together. I got several responses from the post and was excited to email and call them on the phone about their interest. We’ve met a couple times as a real informal group to meet and share thoughts and ideas. I plan on going to one of the established club meetings tomorrow to see what it is like and maybe to find people who attend there but live closer to us.
I personally have enjoyed knowing the people that I have met through our meetings. Right now our group is small and informal but we help each other and inform each other of deals we have that we may want to flip or sell. Everyone benefits.
Hope this helps. Email me if you have any other questions that I can help with.

Jim Smith (FL)