Relocating with MH deals in progress. Should I hold off? - Posted by Robert

Posted by Jacob on December 29, 1999 at 09:58:33:

By deals in progress, I am assuming you mean you have purchased the units and are attempting to resell them.
Considering that I rarely finance a unit myself, I can assure you that there are many companies that will finance older mobile homes. I am not sure where the info that nobody finaced older mobile homes came from, but I can assure you that is totally incorrect. If there weren’t, I would be forced to work a job. (AAAAAAHHHH!!!)
A major one is Greentree/Conseco. I have dealt with them the most, and they have pretty good terms. They will finance for up to 10 years, with 5% down. They are also extremely flexible with the buyers, meaning they finance almost anyone. Aaron’s Financial is another one I have dealt with. They do more refinancing and also offer a warranty you can add into the sale.
Anyway, good luck. If you are interested, I can give you some names and numbers of people to call to help with the financing, but only after Jan. 6th as we are on vacation and I don’t have the numbers with me. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Jacob

Relocating with MH deals in progress. Should I hold off? - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on December 21, 1999 at 16:13:11:

Hi all,

As some of you know, I’m relocating to Houston, TX shortly. I’m interested in your comments concerning the MH deals I have in progress here in NC. Should I hold off or do the deals and ‘hopefully’ receive the note payments out of state? The MHs are '85 and '78 models so I assume it will be difficult to Cash Out on the deals.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Robert