Remodeling w/ Italian Ceramic Tile and other Musings... - Posted by ChuckP

Posted by Puhleeze on May 18, 2000 at 08:45:24:

yep smells llike it. the guy schmoozes, even in email.

Remodeling w/ Italian Ceramic Tile and other Musings… - Posted by ChuckP

Posted by ChuckP on May 17, 2000 at 06:34:38:

Hi guys,

Thanks again for the carpet tip. A number of things have fallen out since the carpet. I have joined up with a couple of general contractors who have house deals just falling out of the sky. The first day I met with one, we went to one lady’s house and, that day, got it under contract (contract for 5K with an ARV of about 46K). We will probably wholesale this house. He then turned around dropped 27 more potential house deals in my lap. The offers went out and 5 have been accepted so far. That’s six deals including the four I have right now.

He also has this “go get it” realtor who has a “working” relation with a senior foreclosure bank officer. I have about 15 offers in right now.

Also, I onto a fifth house which I just got, I will carpet and have Italian ceramic installed throughout. The vinyle (sp?) is shot and the contractor recommended ceramic tile. I have had the entire house painted, inside and out. I’ll install the tile for under 1K including materials (my carpet guy got me a great deal on the tile). This house has about 50K of equity in it and I am already getting calls on it even though I have not started marketing it yet.

Thanks for the tips and a little carpet goes a long way,
Chuck

Re: Remodeling w/ Italian Ceramic Tile and other Musings… - Posted by dew

Posted by dew on May 18, 2000 at 15:13:26:

Wow! Lucky you. I missed the carpeting tip would you share it please. Thanks alot.

Are you for real? Either you are very lucky or - Posted by Hope

Posted by Hope on May 17, 2000 at 15:48:39:

I dont know what. I have been in this
business for 18 years, and I have yet to get
“deals” from friends, realtors, etc. for 5,000
with a value of 45,000. Do you just have the
most generous friends who would just hand over
deals like this to you(instead of keeping it
themselves) I dont mean to sound cynical, but
I guess I am. Most of the best deals I have
found took much time, work and patience;no experienced
contractor ever just gave me deals. Maybe I
sound jealous, and if it is true, I guess I
am. What is your secret for this incredable
good fortune?

Re: Are you for real? Either you are very lucky or - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on May 18, 2000 at 08:04:11:

ditto

Re: Are you for real? Either you are very lucky or - Posted by ChuckP

Posted by ChuckP on May 17, 2000 at 16:49:47:

You know, looking back at the post there is a certain BS element to it, but I did not tell you the confluence of events that conspired to make this possible. Have you ever seen the movie “Dr. Strangelove”? Remember all the things that went wrong aboard that “failsafe” B-52. Sorry, I’m an engineer at heart and I like using tech examples. No way should all those things have happened but they did.

Long story short, the guy was extremely hacked off at a local investor. I will tread lightly here. He doesn’t trust the local “meca” for investors. I just went out and met him and we synched.

I asked him point blank, “Why have you not gone and put this property under contract?” The answer was long so I said let’s saddle up and go do it and it happened.

Hey, I don’t believe it etiher but, hey, somebody already made the movie. Go rent “Dr. Strangelove” and see.

Luck favors the prepared mind. This all started over carpet when another investor said I would get a few names shopped my way and nothing happened. I now have a one to four day turn around on carpet.

Chuck