Rent-A-Mentor? - Posted by Bill K.

Posted by Doug on December 17, 1998 at 15:32:40:

Yes they are correct Bronchick does have a nice package… Worth looking into…

Douglas Timko
notes4sale@yahoo.com

Rent-A-Mentor? - Posted by Bill K.

Posted by Bill K. on December 16, 1998 at 15:03:07:

I seem to be stuck in a rut. Having just purchased and studied a popular “No Money Down” course, I find that I’m too unsure of myself to take the next step. The company, whose course I purchased, has called to offer a “telephone mentor” for 6 months. This may be the “push” I need to get started, but it’s rather expensive, $2,500. Anyone had experience with such a program? Was it worth it, or are there other ways to find a mentor? By the way, I live in a large metropolitan area that, surprisingly enough, does NOT have a real estate investment club. So, that avenue is closed right now. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Rent-A-Mentor? - Posted by Cesar

Posted by Cesar on December 16, 1998 at 19:23:45:

I must also agree and say that even though a mentor is very valuable, these “phone mentors” cannot really do too much for you that you could not do yourself. I understand how you feel. It’s like sitting at the edge of a cliff with water down below you. At this point, you don’t know whether the water is freezing or warm, or what kind of predators might be waiting for you.

If you have the right tools, however, it wouldn’t make much of a difference, would it? If you have a life jacket, a wet suit, and a harpoon, would you have any trouble diving in? Probably not. All of the tools you need are in the course and on this website. Now it’s up to you to dive in…

“The only thing you have to fear is fear itself…”

Re: Rent-A-Mentor? - Posted by DJ

Posted by DJ on December 16, 1998 at 18:37:10:

Bill,
I too have been solicited for the mentor program.
Although C.S’s course is a decent beginning, it lacked
in the full explanation of certain areas. I did not sign up for the mentor program. I would suggest buying one of the courses from this site! They are alot more informative, and the authors of these courses frequent this site, and usually answer questions without delay!
As Tim says, use your money wisely! You could easily
buy one of these courses, sew up a deal, and still have
money for a steak dinner with $2500 bucks!
Best of luck!
DJ

Re: Rent-A-Mentor? - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Tim (Atlanta) on December 16, 1998 at 15:17:31:

After purchasing the Sheets course in 1997, I also was called by them about a rent-a-mentor. I turned them down because I can put that $2500 to much better use. You can learn from this site, and keep your eyes and ears open for other people in the REI business. Not everyone is willing to help, but I find that almost everyone is. I say you use that $2500 to do your first deal !

Re: Rent-A-Mentor? - Posted by Jimbob

Posted by Jimbob on December 16, 1998 at 15:10:11:

Bill,

You did not mention who it was that you purchased their course and who it was that was soliciting you to rent a mentor, be very careful here, normally anyone who wants to charge you to do something like that is setting you up for a big fall. The only person I’ve heard of that does that who is genuine is Claude Diamond.

If you are looking for real feedback, you need to be more specific.

You can do much better reading this board every day for free.

I’d hate to see you ending up with Rent-A-Lemon

Jimbob

Re: Rent-A-Mentor? - Posted by Doug

Posted by Doug on December 17, 1998 at 01:46:41:

Cesar makes a good point…You have to take some self confidence and go out there with your tools and wet your feet a bit… We are always here for your questions if you need some help… If you really need some quick help you can email me and I will help you out…And the best part of all is its free… So use the 2500.00 toward your first Real Estate Deal instead of giving it to Carlton Sheets… His Mentors are probably all text book mentors… Not Hands on Mentors… They probably read his course and answer questions based on that… Chances are its not even a company directly owned by Sheets himself its a service that buys his mailing list and offers a service that he endorses for a fee Im sure… Besides Carlton sheets is not a great course…Granted he is a pioneer to the Industry and his basics to real estate investing are good he needs to realize that We arent in the 80’s no more and alot of his technics just dont have a place in todays Real Estate…

Well like I said if you get jammed up I will always answer questions for you just email me…

Douglas Timko

notes4sale@yahoo.com

by the way my fee is only 2300.00 hahahaah…

just kidding

Claude is a Genuine Mentor - Posted by Jim-WI

Posted by Jim-WI on December 16, 1998 at 22:27:24:

In your post you write, “be very careful here, normally anyone who wants to charge you to do something like that is setting you up for a big fall. The only person I’ve heard of that does that who is genuine is Claude Diamond.”

I’d like to clarify that Claude does not set you up for a big fall. The only thing Claude does is set you up to be as successful as you want to be. Claude is a genuine Mentor.

Just had to clarify.

Re: Rent-A-Mentor? - Posted by Bill K.

Posted by Bill K. on December 16, 1998 at 15:47:39:

I didn’t know if it was appropriate to mention the name, but since you asked, it’s Carleton Sheets. The $2,500 cost includes 6 months of phone support from a “coach” and they guarantee at least one successful transaction with “successful” being determined by me. If I don’t close a successful transaction in 6 months, they will work with me until I do. Of course, I will still utilize this site and its wonderful group of mentors as well.

By the way, thanks for the quick response. These bulletin boards are a great resource when “time is of the essence” in getting help.

Bill Bronchick too! - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on December 17, 1998 at 03:54:38:

Y’all seem to be unaware of the fact that Bronchick also has a mentoring program. Costs about a grand and by including him in your first deal, you get your money back, plus another grand, I think. You’ll have to ask him about the details.

Brad

And you get all his courses to boot… - Posted by MichaelR (NoVA)

Posted by MichaelR (NoVA) on December 17, 1998 at 13:51:19:

Highly recommend. I have it.