Rent Reduction - Posted by Kelly

Posted by RichV(FL) on July 21, 2003 at 18:20:11:

Kelly,

It has helped me in the past. In a tight market you cant always get the rent you want.

What I like to do is put my rents at or slightly below market. I seem to rent them quickly that way.

For example this month I ran an ad in the paper for my rental with a slightly lower rent than other places. My place was clean inside and out. It was in top notch shape and ready to move in.

I ran the ad on Monday the 7th and had a first, last and security by the 12th. Of course the tenat checked out.

So sometimes its ok to ajust a rents in tighter markets. One thing I must say is dont get desperate, keep doing your checks on potential tenants until you find the right one.

Having a vacancy is better that having a nightmare tenant.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)

Rent Reduction - Posted by Kelly

Posted by Kelly on July 21, 2003 at 16:50:41:

Can anyone tell me if they think reducing the rent by $50 will make a difference in getting the house rented? We have been advertising it at $1000/mo for the last 6 weeks and we’re thinking of reducing it to $950 if it will get someone in there. We’ve had several calls and several people calling for the address to go see it, but other than us turning some people away due to qualifying issues (mostly low income-to-rent ratios) there hasn’t been much interest. We’re about to pay the rent for the 2nd month, and we don’t want to have to do it again next time.