Rentals - want to learn more about financing - Posted by mbbenson

Posted by mbbenson on June 13, 2006 at 22:28:40:

No offense taken. My initial post stated that I wanted to LEARN more. It didnt say that I was anywere near doing a deal.

Rentals - want to learn more about financing - Posted by mbbenson

Posted by mbbenson on June 12, 2006 at 14:19:50:

I am not new to this site. However, I am new to investing in real estate. I am interested in buying and holding. However, I would like to learn more in terms of evaluating and structuring a deal, finance options, determing the best finance options, advice on approaching or working with lenders and anything else.

I did purchase “Buy and Hold”, but I am not finding the answers I am looking for when it comes to “running the numbers” (I am not quite sure what that means, but I’ve seen it time and time again on these boards).

How do I begin? I’ve seen homes that I am interested in, but I dont know what to do next.

Re: Rentals - want to learn more about financing - Posted by J.O’Sullivan

Posted by J.O’Sullivan on June 12, 2006 at 18:24:51:

Actually running numbers is more like crunching numbers!!! I personally believe you need mutli family housing to buy and hold.The total cost of all expenses(taxes,upkeep,heating and water bills plus mortgage payment)should be less on a monhtly basis than the rents collected.Thats why multi family property is ideal!!! You should have this done before buying!!!
Thats what I believe to be running numbers!!!

Re: Rentals - want to learn more about financing - Posted by mbbenson

Posted by mbbenson on June 13, 2006 at 08:50:58:

Thank you for your response. I knew that “running the numbers” referred to some type formula. I just didnt know what the formula was or what it included.

Thank you!

Re: Rentals - want to learn more about financing - Posted by jason

Posted by jason on June 13, 2006 at 16:13:51:

No offense, but do some more research before you buy a property. If you dont know how to calculate a good/bad deal, you’re already dead in the water.