Renting a Condo with possible lien - Posted by k(fl)

Posted by Marcos on June 30, 2003 at 09:02:25:

You’d be surprised how easy it is to get financing these days. My recommendation would be to pull your own credit score, www.myfico.com. And then find a creative mortgage broker who deals with all kinds of borrowers. Total cost $15, and a few hours, and you’ll know EXACTLY where you stand. It may take you 10-15 calls to mortgage brokers to find the one you need. DO NOT LET THEM PULL YOUR CREDIT, offer to fax them your report. The more times your credit is pulled, the more likely you are to pull your score down. But, my advice would be don’t give up, especially after the first denial. If you’ve got crummy credit, there are options even for you. And if you need down payments assistance, there are plenty of programs that have no qualifications for first time, credit, income, race, etc.

I’ve gotten loans for people with 500+/- Credit scores. So, anything is possible.

HTH,

Marcos

Renting a Condo with possible lien - Posted by k(fl)

Posted by k(fl) on June 29, 2003 at 20:59:49:

i am currently renting a condo, that may have a possible lien against it due to neglience on the owner, for not paying maintenance fees. If the owner needs to pay this debt, it may raise my rent which I think is a waste.

I am currently working on my credit, but if i have to move are there any down payment programs that have assistance for NON first time home owners? or will using a hard money lender be my only option?