Renting MH - Posted by kint

Posted by joe-ga on January 23, 2001 at 14:35:50:

Nothing in the world wrong with renting mobile homes.If the home is nice and livable, there are good tenants to be found.screen them,check their credit,and rent for $475 or $500 .

Renting MH - Posted by kint

Posted by kint on January 20, 2001 at 06:44:50:

Is there a rental market for MH or is these types of investments only a buy and sell situation.

Thank you.

Please say Maybe ! - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on January 20, 2001 at 15:54:54:

Being a landlord is just that; being a landlord. It doesn’t matter what type of property you manage, if you don’t have a good management system, you are most likely going to fail.

I have been a landlord of houses and mh’s for several decades. Sure there are ups and downs, but if you know what you are doing the cash flow can be great.

I buy/sell/finance/rent/trade, etc. If I get a mh that I don’t have much cash invested, what have I got to loose by renting?

It’s your call, but if you get a good tenant at a reasonable rate, they can be as good as any. I have several tenants that are in parks that I bought many (10-15) years ago. Their check spends just as good as anyone’s.

David S

Please say NO - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Tim (Atlanta) on January 20, 2001 at 08:48:45:

There is a market for rental mobile homes, but you don’t want to be a landlord of a mobile home. These homes typically deteriorate much faster in a rental situation. You also don’t want the headaches that come with a rental mobile home. It is so much better to sell the home and take back a note. Payment is more reliable since the owner has a stake in the home. He takes better care of the home. You get a good monthly cash flow. Everyone is better off.