Repair Costs - Posted by Judy

Posted by Robjan on April 20, 1999 at 08:50:44:

I have the same course and no we don’t have a list of repair cost either and being new kind of wing it when estimating costs. We figure $80 per window if it needs new windows, $1.00 per sq ft for carpeting, $3.00 per sheet of plasterboard and try and calculate how many you will need if you have to knock down walls or ceilings. About $3000 if it needs a new roof, more if you have to tear the old off first, and we also use the Home Depot catalog to figure for the rest of the misc. stuff the house may need. Wish I new better myself how to do this. Then at the end we also put in a fudge factor of a few thousand especially if it is in real bad shape. I have one now that may need alot of repairs on the foundation and haven’t a clue how to estimate that. Been calling contractors to get a ball park estimate but so far no luck. Hope my 2cents helps alittle.

Repair Costs - Posted by Judy

Posted by Judy on April 18, 1999 at 13:28:09:

I am currently studying the LeGrand L/O course. In the course he mentions that there is a list of the costs of repairs. Has anyone else seen this in their packet? I can’t seem to find it.

Thanks for your help.