Reporting SECOND MORTGAGES(NOTES) to the CREDIT BUREAU? - Posted by CosmosCanada

Posted by Buck White(De) on June 22, 1999 at 17:21:41:

Credit Bureaus (CRA’s) will be happy to post your info. The process is simple. This can be done by a simple letter, however, some also use a preprinted form. There is usually a small fee(app. $30) to add if you are not a memeber. I suggest you charge this fee to your clients if they want it added. RE loans are a good indicator of how a person pays.

Reporting SECOND MORTGAGES(NOTES) to the CREDIT BUREAU? - Posted by CosmosCanada

Posted by CosmosCanada on June 21, 1999 at 11:33:18:

Hello,

I buy houses. (Does’nt everyone here)

I just had a thought.

I carry seconds/ promissory notes often. Sometimes 5k sometimes 50k. I’ve never reported to the credit bureau that these were paid back by the nice people who have boughten houses from me.

Has anyone here ever report to them?
If so,
What were their criterias?
Their attitudes? (to me they were a little rude)
How long did it take to become a member?
What were their fees?
Any loop holes?

I just phoned them, they said that they’d get back to me in a couple of days (lol).

Thanks guys,

CosmosCanada

Re: To CosmosCanada - Posted by DanMc

Posted by DanMc on June 21, 1999 at 15:44:46:

Firstly, I am not writing to address the question you asked, I have NO idea how the credit bureau does or doesn’t do thier job. The reason I am writing is that I am also in Canada…(Niagara Falls Ontario). I am very much a newbie…and have been looking for someone who is investing in RE creatively in Canada. Thus far, I haven’t found anyone but you. It sounds like you have quite a bit of experience, and I was wondering if I would be able to correspond with you and “pick your brains”, so to speak. I have a lot of questions about the Canadian laws and procedures, and was hoping that someone like yourself might be willing to help me out a bit. My e-mail address is danmc@niagara.com Could you tell me where you’re located. I could really use your help. Thanks in advance…Dan
danmc@niagara.com