Repos, forclosures, misc... - Posted by lmarie

Posted by lmarie on March 19, 2000 at 15:38:02:

I had SUCKER typed on my head and ordered 2 of thoese types of programs. I am going to call the companies and cancel my year. One of them never did send me the info, and the other was completly useless. I guess if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is!! From now on, I am ONLY going to go by what my husband learns through his business. He is a contractor and has connections.

Repos, forclosures, misc… - Posted by lmarie

Posted by lmarie on March 09, 2000 at 10:26:32:

Has anyone ever heard of or used such companies as Data Information Systems or Nationwide Information Systems? They are companies that offer subscriptions for local listings of repo’d or forclosed upon properties with government financing guaranteed. They say can be used to buy personal homes or investment homes because they don’t have to be owner occupied for the gov’t financing. This service runs approx. $48 for a year’s worth of listings published every two weeks, and NIS offers a one year guarantee, even if you buy a home. Any opinions? Also, I’ve encountered some properties that require owner occupancy to be eligible for L/O or R/O that are owned by realtors. So far, so many have been uncooperative re: my calls on properies. I get comments like “you don’t want to give the seller ANY money down?!” or they just never return my calls when I inquire about a property that I think would suit my needs. I feel like calling them back and explaining to them that I am an investor who buys 4 or more properties a month (a small exaggeration, yet…) and I will just take my business ELSEWHERE!!! Suggestions for getting past unhelpful real estate agents?