REQUEST FOR FAVOR -Assignment for Money Judgement - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on June 04, 1999 at 18:46:46:

Hi h,

Thanks a million!

Bill

REQUEST FOR FAVOR -Assignment for Money Judgement - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on June 03, 1999 at 20:22:18:

Would any attorney types out there–by any chance–have a form for an Assignmnet of a Money Judgement, or something I can guide off of?

We have a client we assisted in an Unlawful Detainer Action and got a Default Judgement for Posession and for the Money Damages; but the money judgement was issued to the wrong one of the two beneficiaries of the trust. We now need an Assignment of the judgement to the real guy.

I’ve looked high and low and can’t find one (well. stayed high and looked low). Though, if no one has one handy, I’ll contact Nolo in a day or two and spend the two bits.

I know its chinsy to ask, but, Hey… a buck is a buck, and I got debts over here…

Thanks so much.

Bill

Re: REQUEST FOR FAVOR -Assignment for Money Judgement - Posted by Irwin

Posted by Irwin on June 04, 1999 at 24:25:36:

My assignment of judgment simply reads:

For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the judgment enterered in this cause of action is hereby assigned to: Peter Pan, 1134 Tinkerbell Lane, Neverland, CA 000000

x_____________________
Judgment Creditor

I put it under the case caption and file it in the Court and instruct the docket clerk to note it on the Judgment docket so abstractor pick it up.
The address of the assignee is included so he will receive notice of other lawsuits that might affect his judgment lien rights.
Hope this helps.

Irwin

Save your two bits - Posted by hkCA

Posted by hkCA on June 03, 1999 at 20:49:02:

Bill,

Try the “Assignment of Money Due” form at:

http://www.lectlaw.com//formb.htm

hkCA