Researching Mechanics' Liens - Posted by magician2000

Posted by magician2000 on March 06, 2002 at 17:54:07:

1. Right now I am just doing some preliminary background checking on the feasability of getting Joe’s course.

2. Next week, I am actually going to my counties Tax-default sale. 23 properties started on the list, and 2 have been paid up already. However most of the properties up for sale are vacant land. But there are a few out there that you could call extreme fixer uppers.

3. I was planning on getting Joe’s course next month. But untill after the sale, no non-essential purchaces. I would hate to get there and realize that I was 200.00 shy of getting what I wanted.

Researching Mechanics’ Liens - Posted by magician2000

Posted by magician2000 on March 06, 2002 at 14:02:22:

1. Is there a way to research mechanics’ liens that are registered against with out knowing the owner of the property that it was placed against?

2. I went to the county recorders office in my county (Kings County, CA) and they said that I needed to know the property owners name, so that I could find out if there was a lien against him. Is any body out there doing this in CA, and are other counties easier to get the information out of?

Thanks

Re: Researching Mechanics’ Liens - Posted by Mike Daly

Posted by Mike Daly on March 06, 2002 at 15:42:42:

It depends on how well your county is set up. If it’s computerized, you can do a search specifically for mechanic’s liens without needing to know a specific name. If it’s not, I’d say just go thru the deed books page by page until you find them. One thing I’ve found is that often lien recorder companies will send a bunch to get recorded at once, so that once you find one, you find several others right beside it in the deed book.

Are you working Joe Kaiser’s course? I have some additional info if you are.

Mike

Re: Researching Mechanics’ Liens - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on March 06, 2002 at 17:15:02:

Yes, we would all benefit from it. Please email, or post for all

Rob

Re: Researching Mechanics’ Liens - Posted by Mike Daly

Posted by Mike Daly on March 06, 2002 at 17:24:22:

All I’ll say is it’s very important to thoroughly research state and federal laws covering mechanic’s liens and debt collection before you decide to implement Joe’s course. Read William Bronchick’s article on Fair Debt Collection.

Can I get your feedback on Joe Kaiser’s Course - Posted by magician2000

Posted by magician2000 on March 06, 2002 at 17:56:23:

Mike,

1. Did you purchase the course?

2. What did you think of the content of the course, for the money that you spent on it?

Thanks

Re: Researching Mechanics’ Liens - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on March 06, 2002 at 17:39:50:

I second this. Make sure you know your state laws regarding collections. During my research on this topic; I found a guy locally, who was doing something similar to Joe Kaiser’s method and he was fined quite a lot for doing this. Then further research showed him after these fines, having to declare bankruptcy.

So he tried collecting on mechanic liens, acting as a collection agent without a license, got caught, got fined; later filed for bankruptcy.

Not the path I want to go down; at least if you are caught. :slight_smile: