Respond to too excited/Carleton Sheets - Posted by Rhonda

Posted by Tom L on September 05, 2000 at 13:26:55:

I live in Pittsburgh, where would I begin to look for a Real Estate Investors Club
Thank you

Respond to too excited/Carleton Sheets - Posted by Rhonda

Posted by Rhonda on October 18, 1999 at 11:40:15:

I just received the Carleton Sheets program and am very excited, a little nervouse too but looking forward to getting into real estate investing. Looking for any info (positive or negative) that will help me on my journey. Has this program worked for others, what do you think my first approach should be?

Re: Respond to too excited/Carleton Sheets - Posted by gary (WV)

Posted by gary (WV) on October 24, 1999 at 19:08:15:

Some of the other posts contain good advice. You make money on real estate when you buy, and you’re going to have your ups and downs, like any other business. Been investing 12 years now, after buying Carleton’s course, and haven’t looked back. Will close on 7 units, in three buildings in about 2 weeks. I still get excited about that stuff. Good luck.

Re: Respond to too excited/Carleton Sheets - Posted by John (WA)

Posted by John (WA) on October 20, 1999 at 09:02:37:

Rhonda,

You have purchased a good course to give you an overview in real estate investing. Carleton primarily teaches a buy and hold strategy. You need to decide if this is right for you (there are other ways). If you haven’t done so already, visit the News Group I site and visit it often. Many experienced investors post there. Soon your REI knowledge will begin to grow and you will find that there are lots of ways to make money in real estate. Some words of advice…

1. Be patient and don’t get too discouraged
  2. Learn your market
  3. Always expand your REI knowledge
  4. Don’t become emotionally involved in your deals
  5. In real estate, you make your money when you buy not when you sell.

Good luck

Re: Respond to too excited/Carleton Sheets - Posted by KEHL,MD

Posted by KEHL,MD on October 19, 1999 at 13:44:36:

Rhonda,

First things first, channel all that excitement toward the course you have just received, read the material and listen to those tapes.

Kehl,MD

Re: Respond to too excited/Carleton Sheets - Posted by June Logan

Posted by June Logan on October 22, 2000 at 15:21:25:

What do you mean you make your money when you buy and not sell? Do you mean rental property? I live in a resort/vacation area and I think rentals are the way to go here. But I am afraid of the maintenance since there are mainly short term rentals in my area. Is anyone out there using this course to buy short term rentals?

Re: Respond to too excited/Carleton Sheets - Posted by Rhonda

Posted by Rhonda on October 20, 1999 at 09:46:09:

John,

Thanks for your help and encouragement. I will continue to read and learn as much as I can about REI. I am trying to find an REI Club in Ohio, is this a good or helpful way to learn more. How long have you been into REI and did you get started using Carleton?

Thanks Again,
RHonda

Re: Respond to too excited/Carleton Sheets - Posted by Rhonda

Posted by Rhonda on October 19, 1999 at 14:06:17:

Kehl,

Thank you for your reply, thank you for your input. I am on chapter 15 and am listening to the tapes and watching the videos. To me this system appears to work. Have you used the program, how do you feel about it?

Re: Respond to too excited/Carleton Sheets - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on October 28, 1999 at 02:35:59:

Rhonda-- I just went to my first investors’ club meeting in Washington. It was an excellent resource for support, vendors and ideas. Finding a mentor or investment club is an excellent motivator. You get to hear what other folks are doing. It’s encouraging to see what others are doing and that you can make your dream a reality as well.
Good luck.