Results of my first offer...(kinda long) - Posted by Debra(SC)

Posted by Bill K. - FL on February 17, 2000 at 16:04:57:

Debra,
Try not to let your emotions get in your way. This guy still has a problem that he has not solved. If you think there is enough equity there and that you could make a decent profit, keep track of it. Touch base again after awhile, and don’t be surprised if he calls you back. Patience is a virtue in this biz. Keep letting us know how you are doing.

Results of my first offer…(kinda long) - Posted by Debra(SC)

Posted by Debra(SC) on February 17, 2000 at 13:04:35:

For those who remember my first deal with the so-called ex-Realtor who dominated my conversation during our negotiations, who was so enthralled with my contract and led me to believe we had a deal - WELL…THE DEAL IS OFF! This guy is not working on all thrusters! Believe it or not, the little changes he told me he wanted to make to the contract included CHANGING THE PURCHASE PRICE!!! He still wanted more $$$. Now, I don’t blame him for that, but there are ways to ask for it, such as COUNTER-OFFER! Anyway, I took my husband with me when I met with the guy and right away my husband saw he was someone I didn’t need to do business with. I told the seller I would notate his demands and type up a new contract, in which I did not write in the price he wanted because the house needed too many repairs. It didn’t even have any heating in place, just a hole in the wall and a gas line for a propane or oil heater to heat the ENTIRE HOUSE. I would have to buy a furnace, C/H/A or whatever before I could even think about renting/leasing/ selling, etc.

To make a long story short - I never heard from him again - BUT - there’s more. Looking in the real estate ads in my Sunday paper, guess what I saw? That’s right, the seller had put a new ad in the paper listing the house for $5,000 more than he wanted from ME!

I’m not upset. I learned a lot from this first deal. If I can deal with him, I can deal with ANYBODY! :smiley: I’m finished with him, though.

Debra