Return of documents from bulk sale deal - Posted by alice

Posted by river city on May 16, 2007 at 08:24:28:

With all of the identity theft these days, I would think you would be VERY concerned that they have these documents. If they have your tax returns, they have your social security number. With the bank statements, they have your bank account numbers and routing numbers. They could sell these documents on the street. I have heard of people selling other people’s identifying documents for as little as $20.

You might want to consult an attorney to see if there is any way you can get these documents back in a timely manner…like TODAY!!! I would also suggest to the buyer’s agent that if your identity is stolen, the buyers and their agent will be the first names on the list submitted to the police.

Return of documents from bulk sale deal - Posted by alice

Posted by alice on May 14, 2007 at 23:34:14:

I was a seller (bulk sale business) when my buyer failed to perform. We requested escrow be cancelled. We asked for no part of the deposit (5000) but there were expenses (1500) that the buyer had to pay of course. Buyer now refuses to return tons of my banking account and tax return info from past 3 years. Buyer’s agent says they are now “evidence” in a law suit against me. I haven’t heard from any lawyers as yet, but isn’t this stuff legally mine? It doesn’t bother me that they have it, and I can print it all again, but how can I protect what happens to it? Standard non-disclosures were signed all around, etc.