reverse mortgage . . sort of

If you own (outright) a parcel of land (no house), is there a way by which a private investor could build a house for you (on said site) to be used as your primary residence with the understanding that they would receive title to both house/land only when you pass? By retaining title I can see where gift tax issues may come up, or the need to qualify this as a loan using repayment with minimum interest rates.
Again, what is important here is to retain ownership until passing (current ages: late 50’s, land value: approx. 400K, proposed housing cost: 800K). And it’s understood that also involves keeping up the maintenance, and paying taxes/insurance.

Any thoughts and/or alternative suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.