Rich Dad Poor Dad.. WOW!!!! - Posted by Jason

Posted by Ken_AZ on February 29, 2000 at 21:19:07:

Amazon said they would have it back in Oct. too. They really don’t know, they get their info from the distributor and they get their info from the publisher. But at least they don’t say they have it in stock like BN.com does.

BTW, if you’re looking for a good book to read, try The Millionaire Mind.

Rich Dad Poor Dad… WOW!!! - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on February 27, 2000 at 21:53:00:

I just finished reading Rich Dad Poor Dad and I am speechless. I have read alot of books on business, real estate, and motivation but this book totally changed the way I look at things now. This is not an endorsement of any kind, I am just so amazed at how this book opens your eyes.

Jason Turner

Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad… WOW!!! - Posted by Garth H Gibson MBA, CPL

Posted by Garth H Gibson MBA, CPL on March 02, 2000 at 22:40:53:

Hi, I met RK on two occasions and he was a stand up guy and very down to earth. RK has a web site, if anyone wants the address or just to talk the quadrants just email me.

Question for those working on the right side of quadrant… - Posted by David - Mi

Posted by David - Mi on March 01, 2000 at 03:38:30:

I don’t think it really goes into detail about this in “Rich dad,poor dad”; but in “Cash flow quadrant” he explains the 4 quadrants. On the left side… employee and below that self emplyed ( owning a job not a business) on the right side… business owner and after that invester, with the right side of the quadrant the place to be starting first with business owner then investor.

Since this is an investor site and we should all be following Robert’s mentorship then we would be wise to have been business owners before we became investors ( If you become a good business man you will become a great investor is the reasoning, not to mention it would be wise to invest some of your business cashflow)

So my question is… What kind of businesses do you all own or do you think is most profitable?

Yes, I read " The millionaire next door", I’m just curious as to what response I’ll get.

I’m also interested if anyone has followed Robert K’s recommendation of network marketing as a business vehicle and what your opinions are.

Thank you and best of success,

David

Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad… WOW!!! - Posted by Ben Buckley

Posted by Ben Buckley on February 28, 2000 at 21:39:10:

I bought that one today. Can’t wait to read it.

Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad… WOW!!! - Posted by Rick Segers

Posted by Rick Segers on February 28, 2000 at 19:18:37:

I just bought my copy last weekend after reading about it here. It’s beyond phenomenal. It’s made me get off my backside and start doing something.

Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad… WOW!!! - Posted by Glenn OH

Posted by Glenn OH on February 28, 2000 at 08:42:36:

I know there have been some discussions in the past about RD,PD in a somewhat negative light, but RK’s redefinition of Assets, and his “live below your means” ideas are great. I’m reading Cashflow Quadrant now, and I now realize that I was one in the past who moved from employee to self-employed, and as he states, I did not find the reward I had expected - I was always on the left side of the quadrants. I am now starting to work in the right side (at least I am getting that orientation) so that others are working to make me wealthy, rather that my trying to do it all myself. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad… WOW!!! - Posted by Lorenzo,NC

Posted by Lorenzo,NC on February 28, 2000 at 08:26:04:

If you think that the book was great. Try playing his game (CASHFLOW 101). I played for the first time at the convention and it blew my mind. I never hated getting a paycheck until I played the game. Getting out of the rat race we call J.O.B’s even felt great in a game. I’m looking forward to the feeling of doing in real life.

Lorenzo,NC

Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad… WOW!!! - Posted by Chelita

Posted by Chelita on February 27, 2000 at 22:05:17:

Now read Cash Flow Quadrant and it will also blow you mind. If you like listening to tapes get rich dad poor dad on cassette tape and continue to listen to all the infomation you read in the book to keep it fresh in your head.

I pick my copy up tommorow at the book store, I can’t wait! (NT) - Posted by Corey (ND)

Posted by Corey (ND) on February 27, 2000 at 22:42:07:

Re: I pick my copy up tommorow at the book store, I can’t wait! (NT) - Posted by Glenn OH

Posted by Glenn OH on February 28, 2000 at 09:00:26:

Look at www.BestBookBuys.com first - you will save money and be able to order today!

Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing - Posted by Andrew Gray

Posted by Andrew Gray on February 28, 2000 at 18:29:13:

This is the third book released some time in March in Australian book stores (Don’t know US dates). If you can’t hang on that long you can get it now at http://www.powwowevents.com.au/brainfood.html
This is an Australian site but I’m sure they would send it to you. If they won’t I will, just drop me a note. It is only $20 Australian which is about $12 US…cheaper than lunch.

Andrew.

Re: Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing - Posted by John

Posted by John on February 29, 2000 at 14:10:46:

Amazon.com says they’ll have this book (the third book) in March.