Rich Dads Guide to Investing - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on May 30, 2000 at 19:34:01:

The book just came out in the United States last week. You must be a speed reader.

Rich Dads Guide to Investing - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on May 30, 2000 at 12:29:10:

Got my copy in the mail today from Barnes & Noble. Can’t wait to dig in.

Re: Rich Dads Guide to Investing - Posted by Bob Kennedy

Posted by Bob Kennedy on May 30, 2000 at 16:05:08:

I never agree with John T Reed. However, in this case I do, the book is big on motivation, and lacking in serious detail. I thought it was worthless.

Re: Rich Dads Guide to Investing - Posted by Gary (VA)

Posted by Gary (VA) on May 31, 2000 at 19:00:18:

Bob: Regretfully, I have to agree. I kept waiting for the meat. Alas, there was none. The author holds out several enticing promises such as techniques to pad your asset column without use of your own funds, how to taylor a corporate entity structure to your specific economic activities, etc. He just doesn’t deliver.

For Rob (FL): I’m no speed reader and frankly when I saw the size of the book (about 400 pages) I was looking forward to several days of reading enjoyment and analysis. For all his incessant harping on the importance of financial literacy, I’m afraid his book doesn’t really advance the cause. I dispensed with this piece of fluff in 24 hours.

Yeah… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on May 31, 2000 at 04:06:51:

that’s John Reed for ya, He likes to dig,(read that create) details about that which he knows nothing about and skip all the fundamentals of learning something.

Kiyosaki’s last book was excellent, and goes into some of the greater fundamentals of Investing that he uses. It is a book I will go back and reference often.

David Alexander

P.S. Rob, I special ordered some in a few from Oz a couple months ago, couldnt wait for the release here.