Robert Allen 1000 Millionaire Challenge - Posted by Al

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 15, 2003 at 09:51:38:

Al----------------

What you propose would never be done by the gurus. Reason: most people who are starting out in real estate investing are “hot” at the moment, but they do not do work long enough to actually make that first deal. While somebody mentoring them might improve the percentaget of those who do a deal, still most of the people who signed up for a progam like that would never make a deal. The gurus know this. We experienced investors know it. It is the beginners who don’t understand that there is more knowledge and effort made than the gurus tell them up front.

No, sadly, the people who sell the high-priced materials target the ignorant and hopeful. They get their money up-front, before the people cool down. As far aa I know, Robert Allen is not different that this, in spite of what Terry Vaughn writes or believes.

Good InvestingRon Starr****

Robert Allen 1000 Millionaire Challenge - Posted by Al

Posted by Al on September 09, 2003 at 06:50:28:

RA is claiming he wants to make 1000 people millionaires in the next 12 months. They claim this is a progression of the LA Times challenge. Sounds like a creative marketing ploy to sell class space.

Re: Robert Allen 1000 Millionaire Challenge - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 09, 2003 at 13:02:30:

Al-------------------

Right. And from the number of people inquiring about it here on CREONLINE.COM, it is working. Robert Allen may not be giving people good value for their money, but he sure knows how to market.

Let’s see, is his company called 1000 Suckers a Week?

Good InvestingRon Starr******

Know about your topic BEFORE you post! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on September 11, 2003 at 17:19:00:

Ron:

I know you are a “John Reed” groupie but you obviously don’t know anything about Robert Allen. I do!

I had the pleasure of working with Bob for close to four years. I agree he IS a great marketer. I agree he IS a great teacher and speaker! I also agree with many others that what he taught me about real estate investing has made me hundreds of thousands of dollars!

For you to suggest people who go for his program are “suckers” is just plain ignorant!

Some people do better with teaching/mentor programs others do not.

I do know one thing for sure. I would rather pay Bob ten times the normal price, most “gurus” charge, to get the same info from his mind. I know from him it will be presented as pearls of wisdom that can become useful tools that will make me money and from others, the same info will become clods of dirt to be thrown away as useless gibberish.

In your post, are you showing your ignorance or jealousy?

Re: Know about your topic BEFORE you post! - Posted by Brandon

Posted by Brandon on September 11, 2003 at 21:34:01:

Terry,
is being a “John Reed Groupie” a cutdown? I agree with Mr. Starr, these so called guru’s, may or may not be smart and knowledgable, but that isn’t the point. I for example was trained (entry-level) in my profession for $800, which included text books, instructors, etc. Why then should a beggining Real Estate investor be charged thousands of dollars to attend Boot camps, which are little more than a three day continuous seminar for the price of several semesters of college? Just the way I see it. And no I’m not ignorant nor jealous, only realistic and fair.

Re: Know about your topic BEFORE you post! - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 11, 2003 at 20:56:58:

Terry Vaughn-----------------

If I am wrong it is ignorance. I detect no jealously of Robert Allen.

So far I have seen nothing of his to show me that he is a particularly knowledgeable investor or a good teacher. Of course, I could be wrong.

At this time, my main concern is that he targets people who want to become investors and then charges them what I consider to be extremely high prices for the educational materials that he delivers.

If he were only targeting experienced investors such as yourself I would not be so concerned. A knowledgeable person can decide whether Allen’s material is worth the asking price. Those without experience in real estate probably do not have the perspective to evaluate the material.

I have not seen the material he sells at the seminars. Should I ever get a chance to evaluate it I will let people know my estimation of it. If you have a copy and want to send it to me, just for evaluation, I will promise to return it.

Good InvestingRon Starr*******

Re: Know about your topic BEFORE you post! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on September 12, 2003 at 12:44:33:

Brandon:

Are you intentionally missing the point?

Robert Allen is not a “so called guru”, HE IS A GURU! The man is brilliant at taking complex ideas and chunking them down (as Bob calls it) so they become simple to understand.

My entry level experience only cost me $15.00 and I bought my first house and made $10,000 and moved in! So what!

I still spent several thousand dollars with Bob (before I worked with him) and the knowledge gained was worth every dime.

On going education is cheap (if you apply it). Three days of training from someone who knows what they’re doing is FAR MORE valuable than a hundred semesters of college.

Ed Garcia and I charge several thousand dollars to attend our “Lender’s Workshop”, and our students are not beginners, but EXPERIENCED! We sell out every time we do one. Are we “Bad Guys” because we charge for the knowledge we share? Have we taken advantage of these experienced investors just like Bob, and over charged for our knowledge?

Look at the results: Our success rate is over 60%! Because of the knowledge we share many of our students have made Millions, YES I SAID MILLIONS!

One example: http://www.creonline.com/success-stories/ss-234.html

Are there not Colleges that charge $6-7,000 a year and give you a less than acceptable education? You bet? (Read Al Franken?s book)

This idea that for a knowledgeable teacher (outside the academic world) to charge real money for his knowledge is somehow bad or negative or exploitive, is ridiculous and naive!

I once attended a one day seminar where I knew more about the subject than the person teaching. I knew this ahead of time. But I still paid the $1,000.00 fee, because he had a twist on the subject matter that I wanted to explore further. It was worth every dime I paid, because I used that information to make many thousands!

To tell people they are suckers because they are getting ripped off by paying for a REAL education taught by REAL instructors (in this case Robert Allen or his team) is just plain ignorant and naive.

Yes there ARE “guru’s” who teach sub standard courses, just like some colleges. Why do you think JP and I work so diligently to only offer “solid” material on our site? We get hundreds of courses each year, from “want to be” gurus. We turn down most, because we only want to offer the best.

The trick for the “beginner” is to develop an ear for the “truth”. Once you have done that, the “truth” will ring loud and clear when ever you hear a speaker or teacher and that will lead you down the right path.

I have not seen Robert Allen’s latest program, but I know the man. He will always develop a program worth the money.

I know this from my experience with the man.

Get the meat of RAs course here - Posted by Al

Posted by Al on September 13, 2003 at 07:33:53:

Ron, RA has an outline of the course posted on robertalleninstitute.com. I would think that that is the material of the course presented in a little more detail.

Thank You! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on September 12, 2003 at 12:51:59:

For making my point for me. For admitting you know nothing about the man or his program.

A more honest approach whould have been for you to admit: you don’t know if the program is worth the money and that you would reserve judgement until you had further information.

Instead of the “sucker” comment.

Re: Know about your topic BEFORE you post! - Posted by Brandon

Posted by Brandon on September 12, 2003 at 15:18:22:

Terry,
You are obviously very passionate about what you do, and believe. That is fine. I agree with you that all education is not created equally. I have nothing against Robert Allen, as far as I know his material is sound, and he is definetly responsible for the no money down revolution. Good for him, but you yourself said that you charge high fees for experienced investors, who are able to take your info and use it correctly. That is where my problem is, not with high costs of education, but with who that education is being directed at. Have you paid attention at all to the posts that new investors put on this board, all of them questioning the high costs of Boot camps/Mentoring/Etc…, and asking if it’s worth it? What is the most common response from those who have attended these boot camps? From what I read, most of the past attendees do not in fact recomend these boot camps or large fee programs to other people. Do they have some hidden, evil agenda? I doubt it, more likely they are just realistic, and understand that a beginner would be just as well by taking a real estate class, or buying less expensive courses or books than they would by spending thousands of dollars to begin with on an expensive seminar. Once again, I have no problem with you or anyone else making a good living by sharing your knowledge, I just am bothered by the appeal to naive, new investors who have no way of determining whether these instructors, and their info is worth thousands of dollars. Maybe these gurus should produce a course to help the beginners develop “an ear for truth” as you call it. Then we wouldn’t have to have this discussion.

Terry, Creative idea for newbie courses - Posted by Al

Posted by Al on September 13, 2003 at 07:56:04:

If seminar material is truly legit -

Why not offer a seminar at a low cost people can afford, then offer a true mentoring program where you put your money and time where your mouth is and assist the new investor on his first deal. In return for your efforts the investor pay you the entire profit from that first deal. Or 1/2 of the profit of each of the first two deals. Win-Win. I would jump on that in a heartbeat. The guru would make much more $$ perhaps $10k-$15k, and the investor walks away with real-world how-I-did-it skills.

Personally, I have “studied” far too long. I have begun the agent route enrolling in P&P class and developing a relationship with a broker, in order to get that person-to-person training. I have found so much resistance from the business to creative seminar techniques that I feel this is the only way to go at this point. Do I want to sell property to other people? No way! It’s a means to the goal Professional Investor. I still hope to lock down a deal and get cranking before the actual license test and avoid the limitations of an agent.

What do you think? People must pay the $3000 to prove they are serious right?