Robert Allen flooding the airways - Posted by arlan

Posted by David C. Cooper on July 03, 2007 at 16:44:11:

Not to mention, some of those 70 year olds at Home Depot are retired, living on a passive income provided by years of shrewd investing and business deals.

They just work there because they like spending time with people.

If you speak with the right one you can probably learn more about real estate than most courses will teach you.

Never judge a book by its cover.

8^D

Robert Allen flooding the airways - Posted by arlan

Posted by arlan on July 02, 2007 at 07:39:41:

It must have been on the local TV networks 50 times this weekend. Free 2 hour get togethers in OKC and Tulsa. They said to just go and you will get rich in RE.

One couple even said they got a house for $1.00 and it appraised at over $200,000.

That is the kind of deals I am looking for. Yahoo!

Re: Robert Allen flooding the airways - Posted by Junaid

Posted by Junaid on July 06, 2007 at 08:11:34:

My friend got $2 million dollar by purchasing $1 lotto ticket.
It is a true story but still I am not buying lotto ticket…and you know why…
Robert Allen is a fraud I wasted $3000 on his Protege program.
Got few cassettes which talk about buying from RTC (which is long gone).
It is from the era where computers and internet was very new.
You will get books about real estate which is just a theory.
Boot capms are waste of time. It is set up for people to buy more stuff. Things from $500 to $20000.
You will get “Nothing down” concept buy paying huge amount of money.

Re: Robert Allen flooding the airways - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on July 02, 2007 at 20:27:33:

It is REALITY CHECK time… that may have happened… but if so it is such a rarity as to be a pipe dream. Plan on something more realistic, and then be extremely glad when and if something unusual drops in your lap. Do not believe the hype you see on TV, it is intended to get you excited and into the meeting where you will spend money. The meeting is a sales meeting of his products, nothing more and nothing less.

Re: Robert Allen flooding the airways - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on July 02, 2007 at 12:34:37:

I hope you’re not serious 'cause if you are, then you’re not serious.

Re: Robert Allen flooding the airways - Posted by jonathan carrington

Posted by jonathan carrington on July 02, 2007 at 21:33:46:

Sure they are in business to make money. But the material, the ideas far out way the hype. The one’s who say its all hype are the ones who haven’t done any deals. One deal can pay for all the training and instruction. But much more than that is the constant updating of your skills, contacts at the trainings and excellent instructors who are constantly dropping nuggets of information that can propel your business to unbelievable heights. I get sick and tired of the job mentality people condemn something they know nothing about and are to scared to step out on faith and do it. It works and any one who says it doesn’t is destined to be an employee for the rest of their life and end up working at HomeDepot at 70 years old.

Re: Robert Allen flooding the airways - Posted by BTI

Posted by BTI on July 03, 2007 at 10:31:22:

Jonathan

I believe today’s Robert Allen is just basically an information selling machine and mostly hype. And I agree with Mark the $1/$200k deal is probably another half, or partial truth which means a lie to me.

As an investor for 52 years and a real estate broker for 42 years, Robert Allen is one of the last “gurus” I would recommend to any of my friends and family, and his mostly basic foundation of borrowed knowledge can be read for free in most libraries.

You are right that investing early on in the learning curve with a little education will save time and money but $100 in the right books, and reading the right websites, and joining the local investors group will save you a lot of money and give you an education superior to uncle Bob’s, plus you can use the money uncle Bob and his paid friends are trying to put in their pocket for your investing instead.

I’m in favor of the basic message your trying to deliver in your post, but also against it because it rings as an endorsement of Robert Allen and taking his high priced training as a guaranteed road to success.

If you were to take a list of everyone that paid uncle Bob a ton of money for his advanced education, and a list of everyone that was later very successful due to that education, the latter list would be very short in comparison to the former list.

If you are an investor who paid for his training and are totally satisfied and not a employee promoting him then say so. But in those cases where his graduates were very successful, I believe those people would have been successful in their real estate investing despite Robert Allen. Some other guru, probably a better one, or cheaper one, would have provided the spark.

I’ve had new investors coming to me for help and they paid Robert Allen, or someone like Robert Allen a ton of money and ended up not much more advanced then a newbie.

I believe in paying for an education when you know what education you need, and who can best provide it.

As a matter of fact an online college for investing courses taught by people actually doing it, broken down into individual catagories, along with a state specific supplement, and fairly priced is long overdue. You could take courses in the areas you need help in for say $39 each.

And please don’t knock the fine 70 year olds at Home Depot, they are good people and provide a lot of help to me and my investor friends, and I would be happy to rearrange anyone’s nose who gives them a bad time.

BTI

Re: Robert Allen flooding the airways - Posted by Mark Wilson

Posted by Mark Wilson on July 03, 2007 at 06:21:19:

Jonathan,

I was not calling the information all hype. As I value the information that you receive, but I will call someone saying that they bought a $200,000 home for just $1.00 hype all day long. It is possible that they only had $1.00 tied up in a deal whereby they flipped a house that was worth $200,000. I call it highly improbable that they actually purchased a $200,000 house for $1.00.

Re: Robert Allen flooding the airways - Posted by keith

Posted by keith on July 04, 2007 at 10:49:36:

real estate investing is like any other business, out of every 100 people who enter into the field, only 3or 4 succeed. Just like multi level marketing, tons of people sign up, but only a few bust their butts to make it happen, so the upline makes real money.

Allen’s material is good I suppose, I have several his books and yes they are good. But as BTI says most of the basic information you need is found at this site, books that are available at the public library, used book stores etc.

So much has been put out there that many of the “gurus” who are or have been students of Legrand, Allen etc. have put posts here.

Keith