Robert Allen Institute-Any Good? - Posted by Drew Brown

Posted by Eric (MI) on June 12, 2006 at 19:30:31:

Please expand. A comment such as that carries no weight and means very little. If you are going to put down (or praise) someone I wish people would elaborate on their comments. For instance, why is it not worth the price? Is it nothing but an upsell program? Do they go over any real world stuff? If you learn one thing and apply it in the seminar will it make you your money back many times over (at least break even)?

I have no idea if it is good or not but just like every other real estate seminar out there, if I had an oppertunity to go I would.

Robert Allen Institute-Any Good? - Posted by Drew Brown

Posted by Drew Brown on June 12, 2006 at 16:26:22:

The Robert Allen Institute Wealth Building Seminar is here in Indianapolis for 3 days, and I got tickets to go. Just wanted feedback from people who’ve went beyond just the free seminar, and paid for it. Any good?

Robert Allen I.-CEROnline conf. better value - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on June 15, 2006 at 09:40:27:

When comparing 3 day events you really have to put CREOnline’s annual conference at the top of the list. Great value. Really.

You also get to meet many of the people who you hear from on the forums so you can really compare notes with people doing real deals.

Lots of speakers so if you want to buy a course that is on offer.

Lots of time to network with Terry, Ed, Ray, Lonnie & Tony plus other moderators of the forums.

I have no complaints with Robert Allen as that is how I started. Just putting in a plug for CREOnline as the value proposition is one of the best out there.

John Corey

Re: Robert Allen Institute-Any Good? - Posted by Justin

Posted by Justin on June 14, 2006 at 16:14:18:

I attended a 3 day Robert Allen Seminar about a year ago and that is when I kicked off my REI business full throttle. For me it was just a great motivator to actually start pursuing deals. I learned alot and got some great ideas and it really opened my eyes to all the different options for buying real estate.
When I went to the seminar I didnt even have the 3grand to pay for it so I used a credit card. Within three months after that I had purchased 3 propertys and had paid for the seminar 10 fold or better. Now a year later I have flipped about 8 properties and do nothing but REI full time.
So if you need the extra push and motivation to make it happen I would say go to the Seminar!

Re: Robert Allen Institute-Any Good? - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on June 13, 2006 at 11:36:40:

Drew,

1. Try to spend your money on investments and not so much on training when in a marketing session. There is a lot of emotional pull during a sales pitch.

2. Almost all information can provide value greater than the price if you apply what you are learning to 1 deal. RE deals done well can produce a lot of profit so learning one idea can easily pay for almost any course.

3. Have you checked the online store here? Have you read any of Robert Allen’s prior books (there are a few)? What about the success notes and other materials that are free here?

A group event can be a great way to learn for some. Others like to learn in the field. I like to say that it does not matter how you learn in that you are going to master the same info to be successful. Some folks spends a lot more on trial and error than they would have on a course.

Ultimately the value is really determined by the student. Buying the material does nothing. Applying the material is where you can make a difference.

John Corey

Re: Robert Allen Institute-Any Good? - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on June 13, 2006 at 11:17:10:

Eric is right. it is hard to say what the class will be like, and if you make
your money back, then it would be worth it. I went to the free 2 hour
talk myself. They do a great job selling the class and it was hard for
me not to sign up. I thought 3 grand was a bit much so I went with a
class that’s on this web site and paid a grand. I am only part way
through the class but I like it so far and I think I will make a lot more
money that what I paid for the class. Good luck. If you take the class
let us know what you think.

Re: Robert Allen Institute-Any Good? - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on June 12, 2006 at 18:36:04:

If you can hold onto your wallet, you w/probably learn something from any RE gurus’s freebie. I read Allen’s Nothing Down book 25 years ago. Lots of things have changed since then, when (in Calif) loans were assumable. It’s probably worth buying a used copy on Amazon, as long as you understand that some of his basics simply no longer apply. In the present & near future markets, I see $0 deals as something I want to avoid. (BTW, $0 doesn’t mean there is no $$$ in the deal–it just means YOUR $$$ isn’t used in the down payment.)

You can read some Amazon reviews of one of his books at:

Reviews of his program can be read at:

http://www.realestatecoursereviews.com/review/index2.php?item_id=69

For additional info on RE gurus, go to:

Good luck!

Tye

Re: Robert Allen Institute-Any Good? - Posted by mark

Posted by mark on June 12, 2006 at 18:25:01:

NO its not worth the price, you can learn more here and not waste the fuel driving there.

Re: Robert Allen Institute-Any Good? - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Eric (MI) on June 12, 2006 at 19:26:57:

Oh sailor…why did you have to bring up Reed again…