Robert Allen??? - Posted by Chris in TX

Posted by Rosemary on July 14, 2003 at 22:09:50:

I attended the free workshop and also paid the $3000.00 to attend his 3-day seminar. I did learn alot-but most of it was very complicated. I have a lending background- so I was able to follow along. However, at the original free workshop- we were promised (if we signed up that day for the seminar) that we would receive free face-to-face mentoring, all the legal contracts and free real estate software which turned out not to be true. The “free” software and mentoring lessons cost an additional 2700.00. The whole class complained (and wrote letters) and they agreed to give us back our money if we returned the class materials (which I did). Just waiting now for my account to be credited.

They instructors were good- they made it seem so easy. Tax Lien Certificates were a big topic- but they are not so easy to come by as I found out in my research.

Some of the information is useful and can help- but the deals they share are very complicated and don’t pertain to everyone.

I would say to hold off on the seminar and attend REI meetings in your area instead. You can get almost the same info meeting the right people.

Good luck to you! Rosemary

Robert Allen??? - Posted by Chris in TX

Posted by Chris in TX on July 14, 2003 at 20:44:11:

Hi everyone, I just want to say thanks for the great info that everyone contributes. It is by far the best resource there is.

I’m a newbie, and I just attended a free Robert Allen workshop. The workshop was great. I learned new things, but at the end they were pitching their 3-day training seminar for $3000, and that just made the workshop seem like a 2 hour marketing ploy.

Has anyone had any success with the Robert Allen system?

I don’t know whether to view this as one of those get rich gurus or not.

The pitch was very enticing, but I don’t want to blow 3k.

Is Robert Allen credible?

Thank you for your input. It is greatly appreciated!
Chris

Re: Robert Allen - Posted by Helen

Posted by Helen on July 14, 2003 at 22:00:38:

I can’t speak about a $3K seminar, but I can tell you the best $4K I ever spent on anything was to Robert Allen to be a protege. That was two years ago and I have learned more about making, wise spending and investing money than I learned in my MBA program or for that matter all my college education together. The connections I’ve made with others around the country and internationally can not be measured in $ value. I continue in the training and new classes are formed on various topics as protege’s request new things or as Bob or his team find something else or someone else to introduce us to. Oh, by the way. I’ve never spent another dime for any of this training since the initial $4000 and yet, his organization has sent me new traing tapes as they are created…at no charge.

Obviously, I am one of the happy folks!
Was the protege program ever mentioned in that 3 day event?

Good investing to you.

Re: Robert Allen??? - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by GL - ON on July 14, 2003 at 21:13:58:

If you do an archive search you will find plenty on Robert Allen.

I have read his older books and enjoyed them. They are limited in the information they offer but will open your eyes to what is possible in terms of creative deal making.

I would be leery of his seminars. It seems that over the last 20 years his seminars have gone from being about investing to being big show biz productions, meant to sell you expensive courses and services with very little useful information.

Definitely not worth $3000 and several people report feeling they were “had”.

Did 4k give you a return in money - Posted by investorrob

Posted by investorrob on July 15, 2003 at 21:34:21:

Helen It does sound like you have learned alot from Robert’s course. But learing in real estate needs to be put to action----so will ask the stupid question you might say. Have you made income from this 4k learning experence. Say even $30,000 or more in the last 2 years.

The very best of investing to you
investorrob