Robert Allens seminars - Posted by bryan

Posted by Linda Simms on October 02, 2003 at 06:21:26:

and go to your local REIA, not the franchised ones but the independent non profit ones and ask a million questions. There is usually a ton of help there for free.

Robert Allens seminars - Posted by bryan

Posted by bryan on September 25, 2003 at 08:52:49:

Should I attend a Robert Allen seminar Its very expensive and I dont have the money to waste. I do have the carlton sheets programs but feel the need to learn more. Robert allen seems good because of the continued help after the seminar. please give info.

Re: Robert Allens seminars - Posted by del-ohio

Posted by del-ohio on October 03, 2003 at 23:46:00:

Yes the information is all in books, better information actually, and there is no greater forum then you have right here to get your questions answered quickly.

I took the Robert Allen Boot Camp 12-15 years ago. For me it was one of those turning points where I knew I would never be the same again.

It is difficult to tell amnyone what THEY need. For me the boot camp was one of the best investments I ever made.

I actually bought my first house ever, after I read the materials, while I was waiting to go to the boot camp. The course was 3,5000, I made 3000 profit and got a 750 Yamaha motorcycle worth about 4,000 in my first deal. All thanks to the Robert Allen materials. Within a few month after the course I bought and sold a piece of land for 6,000 profit. Sold it within a week after I closed.

If information is all people needed than a LOT more people would be doing real estate.

Yes we did stuff at the seminar that seems crazy to some peoplee, we broke boards with our bare hands and there was a lot of hype, but I was so pumped I dont think I slept for the first two weeks after I came back.

Ultimately only you can determine what you REALLY need.

If you dont need motivation and aleready know that you can do this, if you only need information on HOW TO. By all means dont spend your money on Allen.

Be\fore I would spend the money on Allen, I would read all the success stories, read as much information as you can. See what part of rreal estate appeals to you and then take a seminar/boot camp targeted towards that subject and get a running start.

My Viewpoint

Del-Ohio

Re: Robert Allens seminars - Posted by Bob in New Jersey

Posted by Bob in New Jersey on October 01, 2003 at 20:03:36:

Personally I wouldn’t pay a wooded nickel to go to any of Robert Allen’s seminars. Check out the posts on this website and see what people have to say about the man, including myself. That in and of its self should tell you something. As far as the Carleton Sheets course that you have purchased , read it over and over till the light bulb goes on. Then choose the one area of real estate investing that you think you will enjoy and be good at. At that point go to your local librairy and take out some real estate books on that area of real estate investing that you want to get into and read them over and over. If you still think that this type of real estate investing is for you, then GO FOR IT… Use the $3,000 to buy propertes.

Worth it but not Worth it. - Posted by John Smith, IV

Posted by John Smith, IV on October 01, 2003 at 24:04:41:

If what you want is just the information, then do the Sheets program, read it 2 o3 times.

Sheets basically has copied Allen. Do you know that Sheets was one of the seminar teachers in the Robert Allen camp before he went on his own?

Sheets material is Allen’s material.

But if you want more, go to your public library and check out all the books on REI that you can.

You can also buy the Nothing Down books and the multiple streams of income new or used.

If you have the money to spend, then do it. You will come out of there pumped up.

I took one of his 5 day seminars about 14 years ago. It was expensive, but well worth it.

With the advent of the Internet, there is so much information that you can get for free that it is unbelievable.

If what you need is the motivation, you are probably better off spending on Anthony Robbins latest audio program for a whole lot less.

Just my 2 cents.

Re: Robert Allens seminars - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on September 26, 2003 at 15:48:11:

Took the course 14 years ago and it was the best move I made. Now own 36 properties in 5 states. If you want to get into REI you need training and support or you can lose your shirt

Re: Robert Allens seminars - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on September 25, 2003 at 20:48:04:

The first question I have for you is have you gone through and applied the Sheets material? If you haven’t don’t waste your time with another seminar. Sheets himself has a video called “overcoming fear and uncertainty” which is for the most part motivational and may be needed for those who haven’t made a few deals. I have not been to Allen’s seminar so I can not answer for sure but I have been told by some who have gone that 80-90% of the ideas presented are a rehash of ideas in his books. Nothing Down for the 90s and Multiple streams of income are well worth purchasing and applying the ideas, THEN after you make some dough go to the seminar if you wish. There also is a motivational component to most seminars that I don’t really care for although some may need it. I alsot think the Sheets program is a good program (although overpriced) for the begginner

Re: Robert Allens seminars - Posted by Al

Posted by Al on September 25, 2003 at 15:56:38:

Bryan, I agree with Ron. You can get 90% of what RA provides right here for free. I would put that $3000 towards your first deal. After you make a buck then go to the 3 day seminar for all the neat little tid bits.

I went to the RA free seminar in Manhattan. I heard the pitch, I know it’s tempting. Be smart.

Re: Robert Allens seminars - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 25, 2003 at 10:00:18:

Bryan-------------

I am not enthusiastic about high-priced seminars. And Robert Allen’s certainly fit that description.

I suggest you read my post of beginners which can be found by putting “beginners success” into the search function on the main bulletinboard forum on this CREONLINE.COM website. There I give suggestons for educating yourself.

Good InvestingRon Starr**