Robert G. Allen 3 Day Training - HELP!! - Posted by Max

Posted by Allen on September 11, 2003 at 11:44:54:

Max, don’t give up. Remember deals are done every day. I took action yesterday and followed up on two vacant houses I’ve been eyeing for awhile. I researched land records, found the owner, and made the call. I’m hoping too… no I will make offers on the properties! You can’t buy property w/o making offers. Remember every offer rejected brings you statistically one step closer to an acceptance. Start from where you are. Take action. You don’t need to know it all to do it!

Robert G. Allen 3 Day Training - HELP!! - Posted by Max

Posted by Max on September 08, 2003 at 09:04:11:

Hey all,

I just signed up for a three day workshop with the Robert Allen Institute. It cost 3,000 for three days (30 hours). Does any one know someone who has taken it?? I’m scared that I throwing my hard earned money away?? I would appreciate any feedback.

Re: Robert G. Allen 3 Day Training - HELP!! - Posted by John

Posted by John on October 29, 2003 at 06:43:23:

I guess this is how RA plans to get rich quick by collecting $3K from every one and $1500 from your spouse…

I went and don’t recommend it in retrospect. - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on September 10, 2003 at 22:29:57:

I paid and went through with the course for motivation and to create a $$$ consequence if I didn’t act. It was very motivational but I can save you $3K. RA doesn’t even teach, although he did show up for a 45 minute pep talk on the third day and signed a bunch of fake $1 million bills. He assigned the teaching to two main gurus. One was not very good, and one was very good. This is where I can save you $3K. Everything useful that I took away from that weekend is contained in a book that very good speaker has just written. It’s called “Are you Dumb Enough to be Rich?” by William (Bill) Barnett, jr. You can get it on amazon for about $14. It’s superficial and other books will expound on the topics, but he gets down to the hands on, nitty gritty, nuts and bolts basics of real estate investing.

By the way, the consequence and motivation didn’t work for me. I attended in February and have yet to do a deal. Got discouraged by all the weeding to find the gems.

I was there! - Posted by Allen

Posted by Allen on September 09, 2003 at 06:05:17:

I trucked down to NYC from CT to hear the free 2hr seminar. I went strictly for motivation, and determined not to get sucked into the sales pitch. I didn’t.

Spend a night and read the posts on this site. They all say, put that $3k towards a deal. You can get all the info RA’s selling for free, with the added twist of real world experience and not guru lala land.

Also, I checked RA’s site. He has posted pages of “techniques” right there. I’m sure those are his miracle strategies that are discussed in detail at the full 3 day course.

I did pick up a few morsels of interesting ideas though. The speaker (RA wasn’t even there) said never ask a seller what he thinks the property is worth, or how much he wants for it. That establishes a baseline price that sticks in his head. As you negotiate, now you the buyer are whittling away at his expected price. Very negative senario. Instead, always ask, “What do you NEED to solve your problem?”. Good advice.

Another suggestion was to always buy within a ROTH IRA. Speaker claimed better asset protection and tax incentives. Also helps you prevent lenders from denying loans due to “too much property” in portfolio, and high debt to income ratios. I don’t know about this stuff. This is the first I’ve heard this suggestion. Any comments from CREONLINE?

Re: Robert G. Allen 3 Day Training - HELP!! - Posted by Bob in NJ

Posted by Bob in NJ on September 08, 2003 at 20:37:43:

I have always been of the opinion that “If something is too good to be true, Then It’s Not” Big Bucks spent on 3 day Get Rich Quick Seminars usually mean the Sponsors of these events GET RICH QUICK. Your instincts are telling you something. Perhaps you should follow them. Try to get your money back. My advise to you is to read a few books on real estate investing. You can get these books at your local library for FREE. After a little research you will know if real estate investing is for you.
Good Luck,
Bob

Re: Robert G. Allen 3 Day Training - HELP!! - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 08, 2003 at 11:19:06:

Max----------------

Sorry, I have no way of knowing how this will or will not benefit you. I don’t know you.

But, on statistical basis, I would guess that the chances you will ever earn enough money in real estate to recoup that $3K is about 3 in 100. Remember, I am saying nothing about you. Just estimating the statistical chances of your success, based on previous history of many other people.

Good Investing*******Ron Starr**************

Re: Robert G. Allen 3 Day Training - HELP!! - Posted by Katie

Posted by Katie on September 08, 2003 at 10:04:05:

You should listen to your inner voice on this one.

Re: I went and don’t recommend it in retrospect. - Posted by Max

Posted by Max on September 11, 2003 at 01:08:34:

Yesterday I called RA Institute and requested a refund. They said that I will receive my money in a week. After reading all the posts on this forum, I was able to make a firm decision.

Thank you all for your feedback and saving me $3,000 of my hard earned money.