Robert Kiyosaki on OPRAH Today! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by GregNorman on April 28, 2000 at 12:11:20:

David,

Which post were you refering to WRT John Behle? I’d love to read it!

You are right… the example you made of stocks shows why I enjoy his material (and his discussion even more) : Making stock instead of buying it… I had never thought of that until I heard him at the convention. But that is something that just totally changes the way you think of things. I would guess 99% of America believe that the rich get there by buying stock, etc., not creating it. I was in that 99% until I heard him. Now instead of trying to learn techniques that would get me to what I ‘thought’ was the ‘right answer’, I learn techniques focusing on the a path I think is a truer path to how the rich do it.

His material is ‘monetary philosophy’.

GregNorman

Robert Kiyosaki on OPRAH Today! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on April 28, 2000 at 07:14:30:

Robert will be on Oprah today. So will CRE Online member,
Paul Rodgers, who Robert met at our Convention in 1999!

JP

He called me a BUM! - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on April 28, 2000 at 11:02:25:

I love Robert Kiyosaki (in a purely theoretical way of course). Met him last year at CREO, talking after the round table. I mentioned that I’d quit my job 4 years earlier, and was living entirely on my investments. He congratulated me and said I was doing the right thing. Then I told him I live on $14K a year. He doubled over like I’d given him a fist in the gut. Then he said something about me being a bum. It wasn’t til his speech this year I understood what he meant. “You can get rich living like a bum, but you’ll still be a bum.”

Hey, a Timex tell the hour as well as a Rolex.

BG. (The VCR is set)

Re: Robert Kiyosaki on OPRAH Today! - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by Shenesa on April 28, 2000 at 07:24:54:

I know!

I came in an hour early so I can get home in time enough to watch the show.

Shenesa

Re: He called me a BUM! - Posted by GregNorman

Posted by GregNorman on April 28, 2000 at 12:16:23:

BG,

I think that’s why you see some truly wealthy folks ‘trashing’ books like The Millionaire Next Door (I was reading a few comments on Amazon when it first came out): They were saying that the book doesn’t show true wealth, it just shows how to be a ‘hoarder’ where you’re not experiencing the true benefit of wealth (where you’re just swimming in money).

GregNorman

Re: Robert Kiyosaki on OPRAH Today! - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on April 28, 2000 at 14:26:15:

He’s not recommended at all on John Reed’s website; be careful.

Re: Robert Kiyosaki on OPRAH Today! - Posted by Steve-NYC

Posted by Steve-NYC on April 28, 2000 at 08:40:13:

Given the amount of conversation that goes on in this group about Robert Kiyosaki, I’m curious…do people look to him for general inspiration or are some of you out there trying to emulate his success?

I like him a lot, I have all his books, but my friendly critique would be that they fit into my “inspiration” and “general knowledge” section on my book shelf as opposed to instuctional materials. They seem more appropriate for a newbie like myself or anyone else who hasn’t reached the big “A-HA” about wealth and the working world.

It would surprise me that individuals further down the road of success would find Kiyosaki helpful…

Just some friendly conversation,

Steve

Re: Robert Kiyosaki on OPRAH Today! - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on April 28, 2000 at 18:31:15:

I just noticed that Reed recommended Lonnie Scruggs and many others supported here, while he didn’t recommend for specific reasons others.

That should be applauded.

You Are the information you Take in… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 28, 2000 at 14:44:36:

Seems to me you have it backwards… You should becareful, Lol. I know Roberts doing deals and has down many… I think the only thing Jack is doing is coaching football and has only down a few, way back when.

David Alexander

Re: Robert Kiyosaki on OPRAH Today! - Posted by GregNorman

Posted by GregNorman on April 28, 2000 at 08:55:49:

Steve,

I think you’re right, it does fall into the ‘inspiration’ category, vice instruction. I’m not real far down the road to success, so I don’t know how they view the material. But again, that is probably only 5% of the population. The rest of them can either have a paradigm shift (like myself) or be able to better keep themself on track by reading his material (especially those 'E’s out there).

Businesses producing capital to create investments that produce PASSIVE cash flow. That thought was something I never thought of before, but found it exciting when I read it. I think we all need to ensure that happens.

I thought it was interesting that at the 1st CREOnline Convention Kiyosaki seemed to really like the way Lonnie Scruggs ran his business: Buy and sell mobile homes and use the money to buy MH lots that produce ‘passive income’ (dirt doesn’t call you in the middle of the night… and it doesn’t blow away when a tornado/hurricane comes through).

I am personally interested in his new book to see if it goes into a little more detail about his general investing strategies WRT the stock market and real estate.

GregNorman

PS - If there is one thing I wish his material would do… it would be to go into more detail… But he explained at the round table that every circumstance is different and he doesn’t want to make a statement that could be great in one circumstance and bad in another… life and situations are always changing!

Re: Robert Kiyosaki on OPRAH Today! - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 28, 2000 at 11:03:01:

Probably number one as to the way I view him anyway, is a friend. His books are about the fundamental of Investing not the technical, something that has been needed for awhile. For me reading the first two it just reaffirmed the path that I had already taken, with a few points that hit home like you are who you hang out with. Now most of friends are Other Investors that are higher up on the ladder than I.

His third goes into more detail as to what kind of Investors there are and how his Rich Dad classified them. He goes into a simple way of goal setting that makes more since to me than any other. He touches on a discussion that was on this board a month ago. The one about living cheaply, living frugal, or living well, that John Behle answered so eloquently.

He also says that as an Investor he creates the stock not buys them. When you read the last book you realize that he made money by creating a simple plan and executing well, not because he understood something complicated or intrinsic.

Wealth Creation is a simple, methodical plan. The problem is most everyone complicates it with the technical, my thoughts are you can always hire the technical to be done.

David Alexander