Robert Kiyosaki - Posted by Ray (NJ)

Posted by Elen on January 30, 2000 at 09:41:35:

101 teaches basics of accounting and the theory of passive income. It is very difficult to go bankrupt in this game. 202 teaches basics of stock manipulation and larger RE and business inevstments, and adds a more realistic element of risk and reward. Most definitly play 101 many times before trying 202, they are different games even though the goal is the same.

My 2 cents worth: Kiyosaki is a marvelous teacher of theory and mindset. He encourages you to educate yourself, to look in directions you might never suspect existed. He is not a ‘how to’ teacher - that you have to find out for yourself. :slight_smile: What I like best about him is that in all his materials, he spends less than 1% of the time suggesting you buy his other materials (unlike the vast majority of gooroos :wink:

Elen

Robert Kiyosaki - Posted by Ray (NJ)

Posted by Ray (NJ) on January 28, 2000 at 13:52:16:

Anyone on the board purchased or played Kiyosaki’s Cashflow 101 Board game? Loved his books and was considering buying the board game. Looking for responses from current users.

Ray

Re: Robert Kiyosaki - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on January 30, 2000 at 24:18:31:

Ray,

I don’t have Cashflow 101 yet but I bought Cashflow for Kids for my 2 boys. They love it and ask to play all the time. But it does sound kind of funny to hear an 8 and a 5 year old say things like,“I need more passive income.” LOL

WiliamGA

Re: Robert Kiyosaki - Posted by Andrew Smith (Phila)

Posted by Andrew Smith (Phila) on January 29, 2000 at 07:52:39:

A friend of mine has it and I have played it once. I really enjoyed the game and have considered buying it. It really drives home the point about building passive income. For people who are real estate oriented - that point may not be worth spending $200.00 as you are already a believer. But for people in “the rat race” who don’t have a clue (friends and family of real estate investors) it will give them insight into what you are all about. I haven’t bought it yet though as I think $200.00 is a lot to spend and I am already a believer.

Speaking of CASHFLOW… - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on January 28, 2000 at 23:45:33:

Anybody going to bring their game to Atlanta? (maybe R.K. will have some there for sale)> I’ve heard so much about it, I’d like a chance to see it in action sometime.

BG

Re: Robert Kiyosaki - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on January 28, 2000 at 17:28:12:

I have the game and really enjoy it. It really helped me to explain this type of investing to my wife. Once she played the game a few times, she could see the benefits of my efforts to create passive income.

I have played it with other family members who simply cannot understand “Lonnie Deals” and why I would ever invest in mobile homes.

I recommend the game.

Tony-VA

ps. Don’t even get David Alexander started. He is a virtual Cash Flow 202 Junky!

Re: Speaking of CASHFLOW… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 29, 2000 at 16:20:31:

I always carry mine with me to these events, Cashflow 202.

See ya there

David Alexander

Re: Speaking of CASHFLOW… - Posted by Ray (NJ)

Posted by Ray (NJ) on January 30, 2000 at 24:58:34:

What are the differences between 101 and 202? I’ve read and understand Kiyosaki’s books. Should I jump right into 202, or is it important to play 101 first?

Thanks