Robert Shemin - Posted by Redline

Posted by Douglas on February 20, 2001 at 17:59:32:

His old book may be out of print but available if you search. I sold a copy on Ebay not long ago. His new book is selling well and available in most major book stores. Also, Amazon.com…You asked what happened to him?..Nothing that I know of. He is a very busy Attorney, Investor, Landlord, Teacher, Club president, etc. You would be wise to consider learning from someone like Robert. He is very honest and very open. No hype needed or used…If you want Six Figure income in Real Estate…Robert Shemin is one of the best examples anyone could have.!.
Douglas

Robert Shemin - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on February 20, 2001 at 14:53:49:

Anybody have any experience with Robert Shemin? He’s a published investor/attorney/realtor from TN. I’d never heard of him until yesterday … anybody have any experience with this stuff?

RL

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on February 21, 2001 at 11:09:55:

Actually I just scanned through his book at the book store … there are actually some issues that I have with the way he presents things.

For example, he says when you tie up a property to flip … make sure you use a weasel clause so that if your new buyer doesn’t buy, you don’t have to either! This I disagree with.

There are other points in his book that I find questionable - but all in all some good ideas presented pretty good. Nothing you can learn here though, I want to add.

RL

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on February 21, 2001 at 11:01:29:

I have his new book. It is fine. Nothing ground breaking or eath shattering there though.

Mark

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by George

Posted by George on February 21, 2001 at 24:34:16:

IMO, if I have to choose,"(I have) I go for Legrand, and Bronchick, altough I confess I don’t know much about Shemin except what I have read in his web site. But I just make my decision based on the long track record that Legrand and Bronchick have shown…

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on February 20, 2001 at 20:05:41:

I heard Shemin speak about 8 or 9 months ago. He’s knowledgeable and is an active investor, working the deals he talks about.

I skimmed his latest book in the bookstore. I think it just came out in the last 3 - 4 months. Like most REI books, it’s pretty basic if you’ve been around here for long.

If you have a chance to hear him speak for little or no money, go. If it’s a choice between buying a course from Shemin or buying a course from Bronchick or LeGrand, get Bronchick or LeGrand.

Monique

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by Dewey

Posted by Dewey on February 20, 2001 at 17:17:24:

Here is his website address: http://www.shemin.com/

Good Luck.

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by Greg Ny

Posted by Greg Ny on February 20, 2001 at 15:04:19:

Red,

I’ve heard of him and was told nothing but good things but the problem is trying to find his material. I first wanted to buy his book “Honest Profits”, I guess its all about wholesaling. Went to all the book stores and they all have told me it is no longer in print.

Now I’m wondering why his book is out of print and can’t be found. I would like to know if his stuff is good as well. And what happened to him?

Greg NY

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by AnnNC

Posted by AnnNC on February 22, 2001 at 24:41:25:

Kindly illuminate your position as to your buyer not
buying.
I posted some time back aboiut that, seeking to find
how to STAY in the deal, if the buyer does not perform
thinking along the lines of maintaining credibility
with seller and also living up to promises to seller.
This would require having another buyer in the hopper.
Not sure if this is in the vein of your objection.
Ann

CORRECTION - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on February 21, 2001 at 11:11:31:

Line should read: “Everything in his book can be learned EASILY right here” :wink:

RL

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by JimN

Posted by JimN on February 21, 2001 at 18:25:15:

All of you have missed the preminent person in the field of wholesaling houses for cash and that is Tod Dotson who is in charge of all the wholesale camps and the entire mentoring program for Whitney Inc. Tod sends mentors out into “every single market” in the United States and they tailor make a wholesaling program for each individual. His wholesale camps are the most comprehensive, informative, and succesful camps, bar none in the world. No one has been to more markets in the U.S. including Robert Shemin, Ron Legrand and others and they will openly admit it if asked. I spoke with Robert Shemin last weekend and he concedes this. That is not to say that these fellows don’t know what they’re talking about but I’d rather have learned from someone who’s been everywhere and done it than from someone who has a more narrow scope nationally.Had to let it out of the bag. It’s a fact.