Ron LeGrand's Course and Boot Camps - Posted by Kaz

Posted by AL on March 20, 1999 at 17:26:19:

WHIMSY,I live in pittsburgh,please email me i can most likley help either by purchasing or give and getting you some good advise.

Ron LeGrand’s Course and Boot Camps - Posted by Kaz

Posted by Kaz on March 14, 1999 at 16:19:16:

I have read Ron LeGrand’s “First Cash with Quick-Turn Real Estate” and I am excited about his methods. To expand the knowledge his techniques, I am thinking of purchasing his courses (costs about $500-$1000) or attending one of his boot camps ($2500-$5000). Has anyone tried his course or seminar and succeeded in his techniques? Is there pros and cons of buying his books or attending seminars? Or any other ways to start Real Estate investing? I am a novice in RE but serious about getting into this field.

Re: Ron LeGrand’s Course and Boot Camps - Posted by Whimsy

Posted by Whimsy on March 15, 1999 at 22:14:12:

I think Mr. LeGrand is a wonderful example of a successful real estate entrepreneur, and I have made a bit of money in this field. But I have had enough of this career, so although I have his Guerrilla Marketing course, I have to admit its unopened and I could be persuaded to part with it at a good discount…

Re: Ron LeGrand’s Course and Boot Camps - Posted by RS

Posted by RS on March 14, 1999 at 18:42:02:

I recently completed Legrand’s audio course by the same name (as his book). I’m signing my first L/O deal this week.It will mean about 8K to me. The home seller has 3 other homes he wants to sell to me the same way. This will mean a total of 18K or so between now and summer, and another 15K or so if/ when my buyers excercise their options.In addition, I should have a positive cash flow of about 5-600 per month while I control these properties. And this is my first deal!! I have two other hot prospects as well. Hey, this stuff works!
RS

If I were to pay you ALL CASH and close quickly . . . - Posted by Jim Kennedy

Posted by Jim Kennedy on March 17, 1999 at 11:05:38:

. . . what is the least you would accept (for Ron LeGrand’s Guerrilla Marketing course)?

Actually I already have that one as well as several other of LeGrand’s courses, so I would prefer that someone gets it who needs it more than I. Let Lil Diva have a crack at it. So far, I have only attended one of LeGrand’s bootcamps - Wholesale/Retail - but I assure you that I will be attending the rest. In my humble opinion, Ron LeGrand and his organization produce some terrific materials and the bootcamps are well worth the investment.

Speaking of investment (in rei education), I definitely have a basis for comparison, since my personal rei library is rather extensive. It consists of three bookcases that are 6 feet tall and 2.5 feet wide full of books, tapes, and home study courses all focused on real estate investing. I have also attended many seminars and several week-long bootcamps/training programs. ALL of the authors and trainers have had some level of infuence on my real estate investing career.

And as long as I continue to make real estate investing my full-time career and my vehicle for financial independence, I will continue to invest in my education. John Behle’s material that I ordered at the CREOnline Convention in Dallas should be arriving any day now. And there are materials offered on this web site by other authors that I will be ordering. Looks like another bookcase is going to be needed soon. By the way, the money invested in the materials is not nearly as precious as the time devoted to the educational process. Regardless, both pay handsome dividends for the investment.

I was intrigued by your comment that you “have had enough of this career” particularily since you indicated that you have “made a bit of money”. What is prompting your decision to abandon real estate investing as a career? While I would not presume to interfere with your personal decisions regarding your own future, I sincerely hope that you are not giving up too soon.

When I was first starting out (part-time), I tried several approaches to the business that failed to fulfill my expectations. I tried working foreclosures, then I tried note brokering and while I made “a bit of money”, it was not sufficient to justify the time and effort I was expending. Finally, I found the right system for me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working foreclosures or brokering notes as a way to produce income. I know quite a few people who do VERY well working foreclosures and others who do VERY well brokering notes. I was simply not doing either in a manner that would produce the kind of returns I needed to make. I had not yet learned how to do it in the most productive way.

My point is this - perhaps you have not yet found the right niche for YOU! Make sure you are not giving up too soon!

This web site is a fantastic resource. If you need help or encouragement, this is the place.

What ever you decide - Best of Success to You!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, Texas

Re: Ron LeGrand’s Course and Boot Camps - Posted by Lil Diva

Posted by Lil Diva on March 17, 1999 at 08:19:08:

Just say the magic number! I’m eager to get that material off your hands…

Re: If I were to pay you ALL CASH and close quickly . . . - Posted by KF(Phoenix)

Posted by KF(Phoenix) on March 17, 1999 at 12:07:18:

I was curious what you ended up concentrating on that was more successful for you than brokering notes and foreclosures.

K.

Re: If I were to pay you ALL CASH and close quickly . . . - Posted by Whimsy

Posted by Whimsy on March 17, 1999 at 11:44:49:

I have purchased 11 pieces of investment property over the last 3 and a half years, from single family to 5 units. I invested in Quickbooks to manage the rentals, and I am a strict landlord. However, I seem to have a black cloud over my head. Any horror story you have ever heard about tenants has probably happened to me, from evictions to the current roach infestation to gunshots at each other. To cap it off, in trying to liquidate, I am running into all the problems now associated with selling, and winding up with lower profits than I ever anticipated.
I had 3 years of a real estate career before this latest endeavor, and I know every way to finance, leverage and bargain. I originally intended to make this my full time career, selling my sign & awards business, but have made a distinct u-turn.
I will admit, that should I ever choose to try real estate again, it will be with LeGrand’s methods, never actually getting a mortgage or dealing with banks.
Yes, I may have entered this career from the wrong end, but for right now, I just want out.

Re: If I were to pay you ALL CASH and close quickly . . . - Posted by Jim Kennedy

Posted by Jim Kennedy on March 17, 1999 at 13:40:01:

Flips, rehabs and rentals.

Re: If I were to pay you ALL CASH and close quickly . . . - Posted by Jim Kennedy

Posted by Jim Kennedy on March 17, 1999 at 13:55:10:

Whimsy,

Where are your properties? Since you have definitely decided to liquidate, I would be very interested in talking with you if by some slim chance your properties happen to be in my market. I know advertising and solicitation is not permitted on this news group, so e-mail me directly if I can help.

Once again, Best of Success to You - Whatever path you pursue!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, Texas

P.S. to JP Vaughn, I hope this post isn’t out of line with the policies of CREOline.

Re: If I were to pay you ALL CASH and close quickly . . . - Posted by Bill in Indiana

Posted by Bill in Indiana on March 17, 1999 at 19:45:39:

Maybe it’s too late but since you are not having luck seling maybe holding would be the anser just changing a couple of things. I have used co-signers and it has changed my whole business. I have done this for 18 yrs and suffered for some time as you have. Came to the conclusion on some of the potential tenants I would be better off not having them if I couldn’t get a good coosigner. Some told me the hell with that and to me that was fine, I didn’t want them anyway. I figured that if they could not get one let them rent from someone else. Pick better tenants or sell the units in areas you are not comfortable with. Don’t give up the ship if you don’t have to.

Thanks … - Posted by Whimsy

Posted by Whimsy on March 18, 1999 at 09:18:07:

Thanks to everyone who is taking the time to email me and offer encouragement and help! One must make choices in life, and follow whatever path gives one the most fulfillment.
I have used cosigners, yes, and there are 3 better grade properties I will probably keep, so yes, its to my benefit to reorient my holdings.
However, I have a thriving small business with 7 employees that grosses well into the 6 figures so I think you would have to agree that keeping it healthy is worthy of my full attention, and I can’t do everything.
I am NW of Pittburgh, btw, and the 2 five units that are the most problem are a half hour away. Even though they make good money, its a lot of energy to keep them going. Unfortunately, I can’t even get anyone to look at them.