Ron Legrand's course sold here - Posted by KB

Posted by Suzanne on March 06, 1999 at 12:21:02:

Home Depot also has a catalog for contractors that gives sizes and prices of the most commonly used items they carry. Go to their Customer Service desk and tell them you are a real estate investor who rehab’s houses. You will be able to get this book for FREE!

Ron Legrand’s course sold here - Posted by KB

Posted by KB on March 05, 1999 at 16:05:36:

After going over the course I found out I do not have
the sheet you use to figure repairs as mentioned in
tape 2. Does any that purchased the course have it?

KB

Re: Ron Legrand’s course sold here - Posted by RS

Posted by RS on March 06, 1999 at 10:07:00:

Boy, that’s an excellent question. So much so that I even called Legrand’s customer service and asked them about it. They said that they used to offer such a repair price guide but that they no longer do because of the difficulties in updating it. Also, they said that prices vary nationwide.I pressed them about it and mentioned that the repair price guide was one of the key values of the course. They said they would look into it and never got back to me on it. In all fairness, they have been very good at addressing other questions I have had. I finally bought the Marshall & Swifts guide from amazon.com. It cost exactly $34.95 shipped 2nd day air, a little less with regular ground UPS. It’s very good but boy, estimating a complete rehab with it would take forever. I finally decided to get a reputable contractor that will do the estimates on spec., agreeing to get paid only if I purchase and flip. Also, he requests first right of refusal on these houses. In other words, he may want to buy and retail it himself. I can trust him as I’ve known him for many years and know he wouldn’t go behind my back to make a deal with the seller. After a few houses, I expect to get the hang of it (estimating) and will no longer engage his services until I decide to start retailing houses. Hope I’ve helped!
RS

Re: Ron Legrand’s course sold here - Posted by HankM

Posted by HankM on March 05, 1999 at 17:19:21:

Handle the issue how you wish, but my guess is that the form is nothing more than inventory sheet with a column a the right for costs and you total it at the bottom. If you need a list of all the things you might want to replace, get the Cost and Repair Guide from Marshall & Swift.

There are no magic forms, really. :slight_smile:

Good Luck
Hank

Re: Ron Legrand’s course sold here - Posted by Glenn (NY)

Posted by Glenn (NY) on March 05, 1999 at 16:46:10:

I bought the course as well and I asked the same thing as Ron mentions it on cassette #3. I called them and they say that it isn’t part of this course. This would be similar to buying a do-it-yourself kit and find out that they left out a critical part.
Maybe J.P. can contact Ron’s office and correct this matter.

Re: Ron Legrand’s course sold here - Posted by KB

Posted by KB on March 06, 1999 at 08:59:26:

Hank,

Could you give me Marshall & Swifts phone number or
web address. Thank you.

Hank’s right… - Posted by Frank [Pgh PA]

Posted by Frank [Pgh PA] on March 06, 1999 at 02:01:34:

I went to Legrand’s Boot Camp and I have the list. In fact, after I started doing deals, I revised the list to suit me. Nothing magic about it…roof, foundation, windows, kitchen, bath, carpeting, interior paint, exterior paint, etc…
I also agree with Hank about the Marshall and Swift Guide however, LeGrand has a better idea…take the list of repairs that need to be done to your local Home Depot and ask them to price it out for you…both materials only, and installed [yes, the do subcontract out jobs].

Marshal & Swift - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on March 08, 1999 at 22:07:25:

The Marshall & Swift website is:

As someone mentioned, the price guide is available from Amazon.com and other bookstores.

BG

Re: Ron Legrand’s course sold here - Posted by HankM

Posted by HankM on March 06, 1999 at 09:47:46:

You want the 1999 Home Remodel and Repair Cost Guide … I’d go to amazon and look there first, though the M&S site has some other stuff on it too.