rules and regs - Posted by Patricia Pulczinski

Posted by Nancy on May 17, 2006 at 22:07:04:

Hey, I’m in Dallas too…like you,I just started reading the book

Nancy

rules and regs - Posted by Patricia Pulczinski

Posted by Patricia Pulczinski on May 04, 2006 at 16:27:07:

I am just getting started in this business and am excited about it. Then I talked with my accountant and he gave me reams of paper with all the things I have to do to qualify to sell used mobiles. Is there anyone from TX out there that can fill me in on what is expected. From classes to whatever. Thanks. Patti

Re: rules and regs - Posted by David H., Tx

Posted by David H., Tx on May 08, 2006 at 11:54:43:

If you will go to www.tdhca.state.tx.us/ and at the top of the page click on the tab that is “manufactured homes”, and then in the column on the left side of the page click on “industry info, forms”. Pull up the forms and you will have most of your answers.
My bond cost $1,000 a year, but shop around. The class is 3 days long.
Don’t let your accountant discourage you.

Re: rules and regs - Posted by Scotty J (MN)

Posted by Scotty J (MN) on May 05, 2006 at 19:08:47:

One thing you might want to do is search the archives here for license TX and see what others have suggested on this. I know when I first started with this a while back, I found the same things you did but when I slowed down and listened to others that gave me some pointers, there were different ways to work these deals ie… real estate license and the like.

Thanks again for your help Lyal.

Scotty J

Re: rules and regs - newbie also… - Posted by MarioInDallas

Posted by MarioInDallas on May 05, 2006 at 11:23:31:

I am as new of a newbie as there is. I just got Lonnie’s MMWMH book yesterday, haven’t started reading yet. I was researching this and would like to know if anyone in the DF/W area is having good success. Also, I looked into the licensing issues in TX from the archives here and the State of Texas Housing Authority website. I was wondering what the bond costs on average. I could probably handle the class and license fees. Any guidance would be great. Thanks in advance!