Russ Dalbey? Note course? - Posted by Mark

Posted by John Behle on March 14, 2000 at 14:38:12:

Russ’s course is excellent as far as understanding some of the basics, but like most out there is focused on “brokering” notes. Brokering has some unique challenges. I just posted about that below and there are many times we’ve discussed it here. The post is under my reply to “How do you sell half a note”.

You can find some of those posts archived at www.papergame.com Click on “Paper Posts” and there are a couple dozen posts addressing different aspects of paper. Several are related directly to brokering notes and the pitfalls vs. the profits.

So, Russ’s course can help you decide whether you are interested in getting into paper but really isn’t geared to fully teach you how to do it. His course would be a good start, but keep in mind that brokering is only a part of the paper business and has heavy competition right now.

In addition to that course, I would recommend reading all of this forum and the paper related articles here and at my site. Then you’ll have a clearer idea if the business interests you and is “for” you.

Russ Dalbey? Note course? - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on March 14, 2000 at 13:57:24:

Hi, I’ve been reading about buying discout mortgages and trust deeds, and it sounds real interesting and exciting. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems to move faster than other forms of investing, my question is, I just got an email from this guy, who has a real good starter course, is it a good course or a waste of money. I would like to try my hand at this ASAP, so I don’t want to be wasting time with the wrong information. Thanks
–Mark–

Re: Russ Dalbey? Note course? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 14, 2000 at 19:29:36:

Mark,

If you want to know about paper inside and out, I would highly recommend John Behle’s " Paper Trilogy ". It’s a three book package full of basic and detailed info pertaining to notes. I believe John also offers this with a video compliment.

I don’t have the video but do have the Paper Trilogy. It’s priced very low and can be ordered off of this site.