Russ Whitney is coming to my area. Should I attend free seminar? - Posted by Check

Posted by Check on June 08, 1999 at 14:55:47:

(nt)

Russ Whitney is coming to my area. Should I attend free seminar? - Posted by Check

Posted by Check on June 07, 1999 at 10:55:04:

Russ Whitney is coming to my area, New Orleans, LA. He is offering a free seminar on his real estate methods. I know he is going to be pitching his courses, but should I attend anyway? I was primarily interested in attending to possibly network, but I don’t want to waste my evening if it is going to be a 2 to 3 hour live infomercial with nothing of value to be provided to a room full of newbies.

Any advice or past experiences about his free seminar would be appreciated.

Go get some bird dogs - Posted by Dan (NC)

Posted by Dan (NC) on June 07, 1999 at 12:54:18:

Go, you might learn something. And take along some flyers and business cards and pass them out before or after their sales pitch to all the other attendees. Tell them you’re an experienced investor looking for properties, and you’ll pay a finder’s fee if they bring you a deal. Most won’t do anything at all after the seminar, but a few may have the drive to go out and find something, but not know what to do with it. You may have to be a bit discrete doing this - I don’t suppose Russ would look kindly on such a brazen interloper. Post a message if you have any luck with this.

Why not?? - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on June 07, 1999 at 11:08:47:

You might find it motivational. And I suppose it’s possible you could even a useful piece of info. Just leave your check book and creedit cards at home. (ie don’t buy into the sales pitch.)