Russ Whitney, JohnBoy, others....? - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on March 09, 2001 at 11:25:42:

These props have been on market close to yaer now. I sent contract to agent and waited a month…no response…then I looked up the owners name and sent info to owners and FINALLY got a response. Most of the time I notice the agents do not even submit the offers.
So it’s faster just to go straight to the owners w/o
the agents.

Russ Whitney, JohnBoy, others…? - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on March 08, 2001 at 17:17:47:

There is a 2BR/1Ba TH for sale. Fair Neighborhood. Most people would rather rent there…not buy there. Near
school. Can rent for $500-$525/mo. Probably could sell for $55K. Owners asking $48K. I offered cash for a discount…they said no. Also they said no owner financing, but countered with $46K no owner financing. Just wondering what all the gurus and experts think about this ?

Thanks in advance…Peter.

Re: I agree… - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on March 09, 2001 at 11:20:52:

…they don’t seem too motivated to me…but there is a line of renters and Sec. 8 tenants looking for housing i that area…I offerred $35K cash but they said NO.
And NO owner financing…I couldn’t see a GOOD deal out of this…like the deals I see people talking about on this board. I’ll keep looking. THANKS to all !

Re: Russ Whitney, JohnBoy, others…? - Posted by Mark (WV)

Posted by Mark (WV) on March 09, 2001 at 08:48:07:

I would go one step further before calling next,explain you can’t deal with those terms and make money and it is nothing personel but the only way you can buy this house is #1 35000 cash or the full price of 48 with them holding the note then let them set on it,they might call you if you leave a card just be nice about it at all times.The chances are 50-50 but if you can’t make money you don’t need anyway.
Just my .02 worth

Mark (WV)

…others…? - Posted by George

Posted by George on March 08, 2001 at 21:12:33:

I don’t like the deal…no financing or lease option, not enough discount for cash (around 15%)…

Next

Re: Russ Whitney, JohnBoy, others…? - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on March 08, 2001 at 17:36:43:

Doesn’t sound like they are motivated at this time. Look for MOTIVATED sellers. Let them sit on it a while and see if they become motivated later, for now I would just move on…NEXT!