russ whitney - Posted by mike

Posted by Gary on June 10, 1999 at 08:34:38:

I went to one of Russ Whitney’s seminars in Akron,Ohio. Russ Whitney was not the speaker. He sent a women to speak on his course. She boared the hell out of me, was not a good speaker. The class was three and a half hours with one short break after about two and a half hours of listening,or falling a sleep I forgot what was first. Finally at the end, the price of this course almost $1600 not worth the sleep. I just wasted almost four hours of my life I will never get back. It is not worth the time. Carlton Sheets no money down course for about $200 is an exceptional course for anyone stating out or if you have been doing this for some time you will learn more from this course than any course out there.

russ whitney - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on June 06, 1999 at 22:37:47:

has anyone from new england found success with this guys info
thanks

Re: russ whitney - Posted by Glenn

Posted by Glenn on June 06, 1999 at 23:52:14:

I’ve only seen his infomercial. I can’t tell you if it works or not. He is in Ontario (Toronto area) this week to put on a series of “seminars”.
I was planning on going to one just to see if there is anything useful, or not covered by C.Sheets.

Re: russ whitney - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on June 07, 1999 at 15:13:58:

With all the instructors out there that do a fantastic job out there , why bother w/Whitney? His three tape courses are old and don’t contain many specifics. Land trusts , lease options, hard money & " subject to " deals are not even brought up. Bogus ideas like " 20+ clauses per purchase & sale contract" , boarding houses ( " higher & better use ") , MPAP ( the simulated bi-weekly mortgage accelaration payoff plan ) , have a dozen people all show up @ once to “bid up " the house your selling after you’ve told each one of them that it’s a private appointment. , " partner clauses” and a whole bunch of other junk… Some good ideas are there , but overall, it’s not a good source of information when you consider all the exellent knowledge you can get from guys like Bronchick , Kaiser , Shemin , LeGrand , Gatten & a host of others. Just by reading all the free stuff on this site you’ll learn more than Whitney’s ( $ 1500.00 ) 3 day seminar + tape courses + MPAP package. And that’s what they’ll be pushing your way if you go to the 1 day event.

Re: russ whitney - Posted by gus

Posted by gus on June 19, 1999 at 15:22:02:

It’s a shame that you would give out bad advice like that. Whitney companies are the biggest and best training seminars in the USA and Canada.