Russ Whitney - Posted by valerie

Posted by JCP on May 05, 1999 at 16:03:31:

has anyone had any direct experience going the route of a rooming house?? I have heard mixed reactions. Is it really a management nightmare, or is it trully a higher and better use???

Russ Whitney - Posted by valerie

Posted by valerie on April 22, 1999 at 08:47:40:

I am anxious to hear about people that feel they were ripped off by Russ Whitney. I feel he totally misrepresented his program and forget trying to get your money back!

Re: Russ Whitney - Posted by Mike Oldfield

Posted by Mike Oldfield on May 04, 1999 at 24:44:02:

I have made tens of thousands of dollars using Russ Whitneys techniques from his book Creating Wealth.

It couldnt be any easier unless he came out and did it for you.

I use the same book for reference often. I wouldnt send it back if they offered 2 to 1 money.

Mike Oldfield

Re: Russ Whitney - Posted by FSB

Posted by FSB on April 24, 1999 at 23:16:09:

Valerie,Sorry to hear about your misfortune with Whitney.I got his book for free and feel like I was ripped off.FSB

Re: Russ Whitney - Posted by CMC

Posted by CMC on May 03, 1999 at 02:39:25:

Isn’t it ironic that this person is the manager of customer service at Mr. Whitney’s company and didn’t even spell his name right. Who knows, maybe it was just a typo. But if you are representing someone, you could at least spell the name correctly.

lol

Re: Russ Whitney - Posted by customer service

Posted by customer service on April 30, 1999 at 18:15:50:

I am the Manager of customer service at Mr. Whintey’s company. I would like to hear exactly what your problem is. We have a very efficient and responsive customer service department. We issue refunds regularly when there is any valid reason for such. You may call me at any time.

Making Mistakes & A Worthwhile Review of Russ Whitney - Posted by Baltimore BirdDog

Posted by Baltimore BirdDog on May 03, 1999 at 11:23:21:

We all make mistakes, including yourself (take a look at the end of the first sentence in your post. You’re missing a question mark). This person from Russ’s office was making a genuine effort to help right any perceived wrong, and all you can do is criticize her for her spelling? Please. If you really wanted to bash Russ Whitney, maybe you could attend his seminar. Maybe you could try out some of the techniques that he teaches. Maybe, after diligently applying yourself, you could report back on your progress and we could HELP you with any questions you might have (that is, after all, what this site is about). Then and only then might you, or anyone else for that matter, be able to criticize his programs.

Personally, I’ve been to Russ’s three-day weekend seminar. It was during my pre-CREOnline days, and it was my first real introduction to some of the ways you can make money through REI. My speaker, Glenn Purdy, was knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and a lot of fun. Over the course of three days, he covered flipping, lease-options, discounted mortgages, and funding the purchase of property by creating and selling a note. We also did a simulated session where we made offers as Glenn played the part of the seller. Finally, Glenn covered some business basics such as who you need on your team and how to start your REI business. Due to time constraints, no one subject was covered in great detail, but by the time the weekend was over, we had a business plan and a good base of knowledge. In other words, it was a good introduction to the basics of REI.

While CREOnline allows you to explore your options for free, it does not paint the big picture for you like Russ’s seminar does. For me, the seminar introduced me to several REI concepts and gave me some direction to get started in the form of a basic business plan. In addition, the books and tapes you receive aren’t bad, and while some of the recordings seem outdated, the concepts are not (his set on Sales and Negotiation is particularly useful). Finally, I can go to his boot camps at any time at the discounted prices, which are supposedly not available to the general public. On the other hand, Russ’s course is not very specific on writing contracts or estimating repairs.

All in all, if I had to do it again, I’d visit this site, explore my options by reading the posts and articles, pick a course, buy it, and start to invest posting questions on the details to the newsgroup as I went along. However, I do not regret my experience at Russ Whitney’s weekend seminar and still feel that it was of value to me. The bottom line is that we all have to educate ourselves in one way or another and hopefully, we’ll avoid the McCorkle’s of the world along the way. Russ Whitney, however, does not deserve to be placed in that class. My experience with his company has been very positive and I will most likely attend several of his boot camps in the future.

Respectfully,

-Jeremy