Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by David

Posted by Willie on July 25, 2003 at 06:36:47:

Thanks Ron! Looks like another recommendation to become informmed on Whitney.

Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by David

Posted by David on July 23, 2003 at 22:55:20:

Hello,

I’m new to real estate investing, and saw that Russ
Whitney is hosting one of his “free” workshops next
week in my town…

does anyone have any experience with his workshops
and training? I’m thinking of attending, but wanted
to know if it was a big sales pitch or pressure situation.

Thanks in advance for all your advice!

David

Re: Free Seminars… - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on July 25, 2003 at 20:26:35:

And sometimes, going to these ‘free’ seminars give you an experience you won’t forget. By knowing what is out there, you are more informed; whether good or bad. Sure, leave the checkbook at home, but it doesn’t mean you can’t still go the freebie to understand what hype is sometimes presented at these seminars.

Re: Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by ja

Posted by ja on July 25, 2003 at 19:15:23:

AND NOW HE OWNS/CONTROLS S D I, the old ron legrand company. scary

Re: Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on July 24, 2003 at 14:21:57:

Don’t waste your time, its nothing more than a sales pitch to spend more money, for a weekend, which is nothing more than a sales pitch to spend more money to go to their “university”…

Don’t waste your time, you will learn more from Carleton Sheets No Money Down course than you will froma weekend 2000 seminar by whitney’s group, and infinately more from spending $300 on eBay for Ron Legrands cashflow system then you will from all of Whitney’s snake oil combined.

To put it bluntly, there are some good Guru’s out there… Whitney ain’t one of them.

Re: Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by Phan

Posted by Phan on July 24, 2003 at 10:14:54:

Check out the link below for more info:
http://www.johntreed.com/Whitneyfreetraining.html

Re: Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by Clair-MO

Posted by Clair-MO on July 24, 2003 at 10:07:31:

David, I attended Whitney’s free seminar several times and his 3 days workshop is more pitching on his coaching service and isn’t worth $1500 for the 3 days. I would get the same information by purchasing Russ Whitney’s books that cost less than $15.00!

Russ & his gang failed the no-spin zone . . . - Posted by DaveD(WI)

Posted by DaveD(WI) on July 24, 2003 at 08:35:50:

of CREO, then got mad and grumbled about suing. We don’t talk about him here. Figure it out and make your own decision. Good luck.

Re: Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on July 24, 2003 at 05:38:46:

David,

I have never been to the RW seminar. But from what I have heard from others that have attended it is not very informative.

Regards,

RichV(FL)

Re: Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by WC

Posted by WC on July 23, 2003 at 23:54:31:

it’s always a good idea to attend workshop. if you can learn one good thing from the seminar, you are fine.

i have been to Russ’s free workshop 2 times. Russ doesn’t have a really good reputation on his materials & coaching. i recommend you to go check out his products at bbb.org, badbusinessbureau.com, johntreed.com or just browse around the internet search engine.

the last workshop that i have been to*(in SD), his presenter gave out a free CD regarding how to improve(buildup)your credit. the guru mentioned a bit about how to use OPM to buy RE from the bank*(borrow 1k from each bank after you establish borrowing history).

apparently, they are trying to sell their one-on-one coaching on RE investing before the end of the workshop…

the first thing you want to invest is your knowledge, they are a lot of free materials in this site, those would keep you busy for a while.

feel free to email me, i can email you some internet links and “free” materials.

happy investing~

-WC

Re: Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on July 23, 2003 at 23:45:55:

Check the archives, he’s been discussed many times. It’s basically just a sales pitch, you can go if you want, but I’d suggest you leave all your cash and credit cards at home.

Re: Russ Whitney workshop - should I attend?? - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on July 24, 2003 at 17:43:19:

Heed this it is good advice. If you still are not convinced go to www.jtreed.com and look up Whitney on his Guru ratings. If this doesn’t do it, I don’t know what will

Correction: website URL is … - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 24, 2003 at 22:27:06:

The correct URL is www.johntreed.com