Sales Contract - Posted by MC

Posted by Ken on November 13, 2000 at 18:36:24:

WOW!

This is a scary post!

MC. take this REI “ONE STEP AT A TIME”

You’re really not in the position to be doing deals yet if you’re asking this type of question!

Ken

Sales Contract - Posted by MC

Posted by MC on November 13, 2000 at 17:11:53:

For a Newbie…

Is there a certain sales contract I need to use if I buy or sell a house? Does each state have it’s own version? I’d like to get examples of contracts is anyone has one. I have someone that could want to sell in a few days, and need to figure out what I need them to sign.

Thanks,
MC

Re: Sales Contract - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on November 14, 2000 at 20:04:12:

First all, do go to Bill Bronchik’s site for your form (legalwiz.com). Good advice from Dew.

More importantly though, let me commend you on being a starter and a doer, and not one who has to polish his gun a thousands times before he shoots it. By your post, it’s obvious to me that you’re my kind of Newbie dude (or dudess). Plant your seeds and forget about the weeds: there’ll plenty of time for hoeing when the crop comes in.

Too many lurkers and posters here are too busy learning their craft to have ever gotten around to starting in it. I know several regular contributors on this site who own thousands of dollars worth of courses in creative real estate financing, who have yet to do their first transaction…or even try.

Several years ago I wanted to lease a dialysis machine to a hospital and had no idea what kind of form to use or where to find one. So I went to a drug store and got an apartment rental agreement and retyped it to say ?rental? instead of ?lease,? and ?dialysis machine? instead of apartment. On my next lease, I found a better form and used it instead. Within three years, I owned the single largest independent (non-bank) equipment leasing company between L.A. and San Francisco at that time (Markay Medical Leasing of Thousand Oaks, Ca., and was considered an authority and leader in the industry, and delivering talks and training to hundreds at National Equipment Lessor Conferences and Conventions?teaching the pros how to do it

I applaud you. It warms the coc.kles of my heart to see someone jump in thewater without having go buy a thermoeter and have it calibrated first (not to say that I have cold coc.kles, however).

Good luck on that deal!

Bill Gatten

Re: Sales Contract - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on November 13, 2000 at 23:28:55:

legalwiz.com Anyone can buy or sell real estate, unlike Ken suggested. However, I do hope you know what you’re doing.