Salt Lake City Apts opportunity - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by david on November 01, 2005 at 11:11:50:

John

Hang me an email.

David

Salt Lake City Apts opportunity - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on October 27, 2005 at 12:39:39:

(Ray, hope this isn’t violative of your NO AD policy but if it is, please delete it and let me know so I don’t again violate your rules. Thanks JJM)

Anybody here who has an interest in maybe acquiring big fixer project in SLC?

47 units that can be bought and fixed for WAY under ARV.

SLC area commercial contractor has rights but not time right now to work this property.

I’ll gladly give details to anybody interested, after getting Non Circumvention Agreement so as to protect my bird-dog interest.

Re: Salt Lake City Apts opportunity - Posted by James Harris

Posted by James Harris on November 02, 2005 at 08:03:07:

Mr. Merchant, James Harris. Haven’t spokent to you in awhile. I have a couple of deals that might be of interest to you. May i share them with you?

Re: Salt Lake City Apts opportunity - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on October 27, 2005 at 16:51:21:

John,

Thanks for the compliment, and you are one of the tops in my book as well. I think these boards are only as good as the quality of the information shared, and your expertise is always dead on point. I read a lot of your posts over on legal and always learn something.

As to ads, it’s a judgment call… which is to say, fuzzy! I draw the line for deals at syndication… if a post is pumping partnership shares or income splits, that’s just too close to the line for my comfort and I delete it. We had a run of pre-construction condo ads recently… sheesh, talk about a bubble… I deleted those just on principle. But leads such as deals in another area or perhaps bigger than the investor’s present capacity, even with a finder fee, that’s the type of opportunity a wide audience can benefit from and it’s okay with me. Yours fell in that category.

The only posts I regularly take down are the loan brokers who post teaser programs for no other reason than getting a phone call or email. I send them a nice email and ask that they refrain from outright promotion, and will allow them to offer their services only in connection with advice about a specific deal. That’s probably fuzzy too, but it seems to work. We have numerous lenders here with loads of experience who contribute a lot to the discussion.

But what really makes it work is that none of the above is written down anywhere, and me being a benevolent dictator…

Rule #1- The host makes the rules.
Rule #2- The host reserves the right to change the rules anytime he desires.
Rule #3- If there is any question, see rule #1.

Best of dealmaking,

ray

Re: Salt Lake City Apts opportunity - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on October 27, 2005 at 12:56:22:

Hi John,

Wellll… since it’s you. But on one condition… you have to come back more often and help us dealmaker’s out with the legal issues!

Good to see you here, and best of luck placing the SLC deal.

ray

Re: Salt Lake City Apts opportunity - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on October 27, 2005 at 16:01:33:

Thanks Ray.

Always have thought you were one of the top site mods and still do. This just reinforces my previous opinion.

Frankly you handle your site so well, I feel pretty inadequate alongside you !

But please do comment on whether this is the kind of ad you do or don’t normally want…I’m a little fuzzy on the issue and welcome your opinion.

John