Sample pre-foreclosure letters wanted - Posted by Andy

Posted by Carey_PA on April 08, 2002 at 13:22:53:

I agree with you as well. I get some pretty good ideas on marketing, sales, etc. from NON-real estate investors too.

CAREY

Sample pre-foreclosure letters wanted - Posted by Andy

Posted by Andy on April 06, 2002 at 05:16:38:

Could anyone provide me with or show me where to find an effective letter to send to property owners in foreclosure? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

My pre-foreclosure letter - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on April 06, 2002 at 13:51:32:

Looking to Sell Your Rockford House?

Dear Ms. Mandell,

Your property at 1247 Garrison, caught my eye. I buy homes in that area and would be interested in buying yours.

If you are interested in selling contact me today:

TIM JENSEN - 815 558-4663

My e-mail address is: TJ@expresshomebuyer.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Tim Jensen

Re: Sample pre-foreclosure letters wanted - Posted by JohnE

Posted by JohnE on April 06, 2002 at 08:02:56:

Here is the greatest foreclosure letter of all time. www.nothingdown.com/braindroppings/foreclosure_letter.html

Good Luck!
JohnE

Re: Sample pre-foreclosure letters wanted - Posted by Larry M.

Posted by Larry M. on April 06, 2002 at 14:41:38:

http://www.nothingdown.com/braindroppings/

This is the link to Joe’s letter. It explains the logic behind it.

Re: Sample pre-foreclosure letters wanted - Posted by Heidi W

Posted by Heidi W on April 06, 2002 at 08:46:45:

Preface: I’m still don’t have my First Deal in REI but I’ve learned a thing or two - so here’s my opinion only…

Nothing against this letter, (Joe’s obviously brilliant) but a wise man once said - find out what everyone else is doing and do something different.

All I’m saying is, don’t copy any letter word for word. Give it some semblance of originality.

Also, since one letter isn’t going to do it, you may want to write a series (each letter/postcard slightly different.)

Tim and Alexis McGee (foreclosures.com) teaches to send out a postcard or letter every two weeks from 1st date of notice of foreclosure.

Each contact becoming increasiningly more URGENT.

I’m only in my 2 mailing using this system so, No Bites Yet.

Ofcourse, personal contact is the best if you’ve got the nerve to knock on doors and make calls.

Best of luck to you and everyone.

Heidi

Re: Sample pre-foreclosure letters wanted - Posted by Mike-WA

Posted by Mike-WA on April 06, 2002 at 15:52:05:

Heidi…So you havent done A DEAL yet, and youre giving advice? Contrary to a multi-millionaire RE investor who’s been doing it 15+ years? Ever heard about not trying to re-invent the wheel? You wanna make Martha Stewart cookies the same way every time …STICK TO THE RECIPE! dont add salt instead of sugar…

Great advice - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on April 06, 2002 at 13:49:17:

Heidi,

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Tim

I disagree - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on April 07, 2002 at 13:48:37:

Mike,

I don’t judge the information solely on the experience of the person giving it. My wife, who has 0 real estate experience and has come up with some good ideas. I just spoke to another newbie-investor(hasn’t done one deal) he sent me a bunch of postcards he was planning on using. They are so good, I am using them now, with slight modifications.

My point, just because someone has little or no experience doesn’t mean their advice is wrong. Some of the greatest ideas in one industry have come from people either new to that industry or not even related to that industry.

I understand sticking to the recipe, you don’t want leave out the main ingredents, however just because it works in one area doesn’t mean it will work the same in all areas. I borrow a lot of marketing ideas from others, however I almost always modify them a bit to reflect who I am and what I do.

Take Care,

Tim

PS Heidi, keep the suggestions coming. If you need help with your marketing, feel free to e-mail me I will be more than happy to help you out.