San Diego Marine seeks advice - Posted by Brent M

Posted by investorrob on February 24, 2002 at 11:20:54:

Lyal
I know Dirk has not posted for a while like he use to. He is one of the biggest Lonnie deal makers around.

But Jeanne and Dirk are in the S D area. Dirk has a well run Lonnie deal program going and his wife is part of the creonline office team.
Jeanne as in Jeanne and JP

Just teasing you Man. But Dirk is the man. Lyal how is it going for you Must be still snow there.

The very best of investing to you.

San Diego Marine seeks advice - Posted by Brent M

Posted by Brent M on February 23, 2002 at 09:34:23:

Hello all, I’m returning to the US after years overseas and am thrilled at the prospect of becoming an investor. My education thus far has been from books and this recently discovered site. Online research is ok, but are there any local SD investors who could assist my first steps? Can the techniques I’ve been reading about work anywhere in America? This is absolutely fascinating. I never knew money could be made like this.

OOPs sorry I assumed SD meant South Dakota… - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on February 24, 2002 at 07:53:12:

Too early I guess…
There are plenty of San Diego investors that you should be able to chat with though.
LP

Re: San Diego Marine seeks advice - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on February 24, 2002 at 07:51:25:

Brent,
It is my firm belief that this will work anywhere. What you need is education and determination (big emphasis on the latter). Mobiles are a good place to get your feet wet as they are pretty forgiving even if you screw up. You get practice with marketing (buying and selling), negotiating, networking etc. All the things you’ll need to have to expand into other investing areas.
Don’t know if there is anyone in SD but I’m in MN if I can be of any help to you, let me know.
All the best, Lyal