Sandwhich Lease Options...NEED HELP - Posted by Darius Barazandeh, J.D.

Posted by JohnBoy on July 19, 2001 at 12:34:56:

1. You don’t hide it and let them just find out about it later. You inform them of what your plans are up front.

2. You get a key to allow you to inspect and show the property if the home is vacant. If it’s occupied you make arrangements with them to allow you to show the property. You can offer them tickets to a movie or give them gift certificates to go out to eat or what ever while you’re showing the property. It’s better if you can get them to leave the house so they aren’t standing around and end up talking with your potential tenant buyers.

None of this should be a problem if the seller’s are MOTIVATED to sell.

Sandwhich Lease Options…NEED HELP - Posted by Darius Barazandeh, J.D.

Posted by Darius Barazandeh, J.D. on July 19, 2001 at 12:27:24:

I am trying to put together several sandwhich lease option deals. For those of you who may not understand the terminology, in this deal you lease option a home from the owner, then sub-lease option the home to a tenant-buyer earning income from the difference in rents, the option consideration, and differences in the purchase price when the option is exercised.

I have been looking at for Rent ads, and for Sale ads.

My biggest issues are:

1. How do you keep the seller from backing out once they find out you will not be living in the house, but will be sub-leasing?

2. How do you handle showing the house…without having custody of the home? (I do not want to pay for one month’s rent without a tenant in the home…rather I want to make the whole agreement subject to me finding a suitable tenant-buyer)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darius