Sandwich L/O newbie questions - Posted by Chris-OH

Posted by stacy on June 06, 2000 at 14:15:05:

The questions you’re asking require lengthy answers. Go to the HOW TO articles and grab a “comfee” chair and educate yourself on the answers you seek. They’re ALL at the click of a mouse.
Consider going to Bronchick site as well (legalwiz.com).
Enjoy…

Sandwich L/O newbie questions - Posted by Chris-OH

Posted by Chris-OH on June 06, 2000 at 10:57:42:

I’ve been reading alot about all the things you can do with lease options and I would like

to ask some basic questions. The part I’m intrested in is using a sandwich L/O to build

passive income as well as some upfront cash. I’m currently looking at doing wholesale flips

but as I’ve been shopping I noticed there are quite a bit of newer (1-5 years) homes or more

expensive homes that seem to have low equity and are near or a bit below retail pricing. I

think there may some good investments I’m missing by not lookng at doing them through a

sandwich l/o.

1.What is the profile of a deal that would work best as a L/O or Sandwich L/O?
Are doing sandwich L/O’s good for newer low equity houses with motivated sellers? Is there a

good formula for determining a good offer amount for a home that will be sandwich L/O’ed?

1. How is a sandwich L/O payment structured between the original seller the investor and

person who sub-leases from the investor?
How do you determine how much the person who is sub-leasing will pay, and how much goes of

it goes to pay the original seller? Also is it better to setup a seperate contract with the

original seller with right to sub-lease or should everyone (seller/investor/sub-leasee) be

on one contract?

1. Does any one have a good example of a Sandwich L/O contract or contracts?

2. What do you call the money that you ask for upfront when subleasing to someone else? I’m

assuming this is where the initial cash is made with the rest of the profit coming on the tail end.

Thanks,

Chris
Columbus, Ohio

Re: Contracts - Posted by Lori Samson

Posted by Lori Samson on June 08, 2000 at 24:56:00:

Chris I will e-mail you a contract and some of the buyer and seller benefits that may clear up some of your questions. Lori