Sandwich Lease Option w/ Investor As Seller - Posted by Benja

Posted by dealmaker on April 28, 2006 at 20:22:21:

Although you don’t say so, I’m guessing that the seller is an investor other than YOU! If so, that means that the investor is a bit more experienced than you. Since any investor is going to MAXIMIZE his profit, why do you think there is ANY PROFIT left in the deal for YOU?

I’ve been doing this for almost 30 years, bought and sold between 50 and 100 ppties. Every time I run a FSBO ad I get some calls from newbie investors. I can tell from the first few questions that they are “investors”. When I tell them that I’m an investor and there’s no room in the deal for a second party they all come back with; “well, there might be something you’ve overlooked”, or “I might know a way to make it work for both of us”.

I always invite them to come view the ppty and pick up an information sheet, NOT ONE has ever done a deal with me. Trust me, if there’s profit to be made on one of my deals, I’M MAKING IT, not you!

dealmaker

Sandwich Lease Option w/ Investor As Seller - Posted by Benja

Posted by Benja on April 28, 2006 at 17:48:54:

Hi. I’m fairly new to REI, but I’ve attended a Louis Brown training and I’ve bought a few courses and books, so I have a decent level of understanding. To get to the heart of the matter, I had a question about sandwich lease options: Has anyone ever done a sandwich lease option with an investor as the seller? What should I look out for?

Thanks.

Re: Sandwich Lease Option w/ Investor As Seller - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on April 28, 2006 at 20:55:04:

Benja,

Although dealmaker has made some valid points, I think the important thing is for you to learn how to pencil a deal. I?ve seen many investors who leave profit in a deal with intention. Their philosophy is, give a little, take a little, and leave a little. Many investors consider selling wholesale for a quick sale.

If you buying from a Seller, Investor, or Santa Claus, it makes no difference if you?ve structured your deal with profitability.

My suggestion is rather then presenting your post as you have, why don?t you re-post, giving the breakdown of your deal as you see it. You?ll then have other investors critique your deal.

Ed Garcia