Santa Fe N.M.( HELP) - Posted by Richard TX

Posted by Eric C on February 11, 2002 at 18:50:52:

Hi Richard-

Doug Ottersberg posts on this site regularly and lives in Santa Fe. You could do no better than to run your proposal by him.

Take care,

Eric C

PS - Doug also has extensive experience in MHs, owns his own MHP and has even authored an article or two – some of which are here on CREO.

PPS - if you’ve really got some nice MHs at good prices, you might want to let some others know too. Maybe some of them are a bit closer to you – like me for instance – here in DFW.

Good luck.

Santa Fe N.M.( HELP) - Posted by Richard TX

Posted by Richard TX on February 11, 2002 at 13:20:48:

I have located a lot of mobiles cheep and need someone in the Santa Fe area to handle the setup end of things as I am in east Tx. Also need to verify the info I have. If you are in the Santa Fe area or know someone in that area please let me know as this is a very profitable idea I am working on. deal: By mobiles in Tx cheep, move them to Santa Fe where I have been told they will sell or rent at a premium price. Was told rent is about $1 per square foot per month on mobiles. Mobiles that are about $30K retail here will bring about $100K to $125K in Santa Fe. I can pick up repo’s for 25 cents on the dollar or better. If the info on Santa Fe is right and the restrictions will allow this I can see where there is a lot of money here. Any info THANKS IN ADVANCE Richard

Estoy en Santa Fe, te puedo ayudar - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on February 12, 2002 at 09:13:59:

Hi Richard,

I’ve been in Santa Fe for the last 8 years. I am very active in the MH business as Eric C mentioned in his post. I don’t know where your information comes from, so let me address a few of the items in your post:

1. There is no place you can rent a MH unless you own the dirt. Land Lease Communities prohibit this, and Fee Simple Dirt (lots) where a MH can be sited run $40-75K improved. Most that do come available are restricted to mulitsection only. (I have two if you are interested, one at 68K and another at 75K for example )
  2. A $30K retail MH in East Texas is still a $30K retail MH in Santa Fe. Less after moving and set-up costs. The $100-125K price might be a mulitsection home on a large city lot (if you can find one) and / or an acre or two outside the city, again, if you can find one.

That said, If you can pick up some clean 16 x 80 or 16 x 70 3 Bed 2 Bath units, preferably hardboard sided with shingled pitched roofs, there might be something I can do with them. Depending on your particular situation, there are other things that can be done, and I’m happy to visit with you about them.

Feel free to email me and lets talk about it.

Doug