scared to start - Posted by Victor in pa

Posted by Bill n Callahan on February 01, 2001 at 15:03:32:

Lonnie you summed up several lengthy books with one concise post. Thank you.

scared to start - Posted by Victor in pa

Posted by Victor in pa on January 31, 2001 at 23:54:59:

I have come across this website and found it very informative. I don’t know the first thing about real estate investing. I guess you could rate me as “born yesterday”. I would like to know if there is anyone who could give me an idea as to what book i should get for mobile home investing. Also if there is anyone who has made this work in the Binghamton N.Y. and surrounding areas. I used to work in a factory, which laid me off. I need some sort of income in a short learning time. Thank you for you responses.

Re: scared to start - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on February 01, 2001 at 12:11:58:

Hi Victor,

You can learn a great deal by reading all the “How To Articles” and “Success Stories” on this site. After you do that, you will need to decide, and focus, on what will work best for you. Then study and learn all you can on that subject, and from the most successful people who are doing what you want to do. After that comes the hard part?applying what you’ve learned.

All the knowledge in the world is useless unless you get out and do something with that knowledge. You can read all the books, listen to all the tapes, and study your head off everyday. But nothing will happen until you make a decision to hit the street and make it happen. And when the chance to do that first deal comes along, will you be nervous, scared, unsure whether you’re doing the right thing? Yep, you sure will. Will your family and friends be telling you what a mistake you’re about to make? Yep, they sure will, and you can count on it. But that’s when you will find yourself at “Make A Choice” intersection. This intersection has four roads to choose from, and you get to pick the road you will travel.

Road # 1. This road leads to the “JOB Factory Club”. This is the road to take if you want “good benefits, good security, and good retirement”. Pick that road and you’ve made a decision to let somebody else determine what you will do, how much you will get paid and what kind of retirement you will get. (Providing you don’t get “downsized” along the way). But you won’t be lonely, this is a very crowded road.

Road # 2. This road leads to nowhere, it’s a dead end. Pick that road and you will join many thousands of other people who made the wrong choice years ago, who now find themselves trapped in a job they don’t like, but pays just enough to keep them coming back everyday. But since they’ve developed a “comfort zone” mentality, none of them have the determination, motivation, or just plain old guts to do anything about their bad choice. So they keep doing the same thing they’ve been doing for years, and continue getting the same results they’ve always gotten. And with little, or no hopes of improving their lifestyle. You’ll find plenty of company on this road, too.

Road # 3. This is the “Do Nothing” road. This is the one people travel who can’t make a decision, so they never do anything. These are the people who have gone to all the seminars and bought all the books, tapes and courses. But they never got around to reading the books, or listening to the tapes. Or, they read or listened to just enough to convince themselves that “It won’t work where I live”. So all that material, with all that knowledge, stays in the closet gathering dust until they decide to sell it at a Flea Market. And they continue to do nothing, which is really a decision to stay where they are. (Well, they do complain a lot, but that doesn’t buy the groceries).

Road # 4. This road leads to financial freedom, financial security, and a life that 95% of the people only dream about, but never get to enjoy. But unlike the other three roads, this is a toll road where you have to pay your dues in advance, before you can travel it. That’s why only 5% of the people choose to travel this road, so it’s a very lonely road with plenty of room.

Why such a small percentage? Because the 95% who chose to travel the other roads were not willing to do what it takes to pay their tolls now, and travel on this road. Without even realizing it, they’ve made a decision to pay their tolls later. (We will all pay our share of tolls, it’s simply a matter of when). So the majority (95% choose to pay their tolls by working a lifetime for money, instead of learning how to make money work for them. Then when they get too old, or too sick to work, they discover that all those years of working for what they thought would be a “good retirement, with good benefits” was really just a big toll they were paying for traveling the wrong road.
Victor, my purpose of this article (I didn’t really mean for it to turn into an article) is to illustrate that our lives are governed by our choices. You are now at a point in life that you need to make an important choice, and I hope I can help you make the right one. Again, I suggest you read everything on this site, especially the success stories and how to articles. Education, knowledge and action is what it takes. Many of the people who post here were exactly where you are just a short time ago. What made them successful? They made a firm commitment and took action. I’m sure they all felt the same as you, but when you want something bad enough, you won’t let anything stop you.

Here’s a simple little test to help you decide what you want out of life and how to achieve it. Out of all the people you know, who do you want to be like? When you decide that, then learn what, and how that person achieved the lifestyle they have. Then design a plan that will enable you to do the same. It’s really not that hard to do once you develop the proper attitude, determination and motivation to do it.

Victor, I hope you can make it to the convention. That would be a giant step in reaching your goals. But if not, I hope you will make a firm commitment, and do whatever is necessary, so you will never be part of that 95%.

Best wishes for your success,

Lonnie

Re: scared to start - Posted by Chuck-NY

Posted by Chuck-NY on February 01, 2001 at 10:52:21:

Will it work in Binghamton?? How about the Syracuse
area?? I’ve done 3.5 Lonnie Deals in this area.
I know there are several parks in or around
“Bingo-Town.” It’s also not a question of whether
these deals work in your area…the real question is…
are YOU ready, willing, and able to work the
deals in YOUR area?? It’s already been proven that
Lonnie’s system works…it’s also been proven that many
people are unwilling to work his system !!
Which one are you?? If you say you are the kind
of person that will work the system then prove it
to all of us and get back to us with your first
deal. In the mean time buy Deals On Wheels and
learn all you can about the business !!!
If you need New York specific info. e-mail me.

Re: scared to start - Posted by Ernest Tew

Posted by Ernest Tew on February 01, 2001 at 03:59:43:

Everyone seems to agree that the best book for getting started is “Deals On Wheels” by Lonnie Scruggs, one of the co-hosts of this web site. The book is short, to the point, and explains in simple terms numerous ways to make money. But,to succeed you will need to put forth the effort.

Good luck