Scary to take that first step - Posted by Charles and Amy

Posted by JoeS on August 20, 2000 at 05:59:02:

The first step in any profitable endeavor should be scary. Take it and reap the rewards. Pay down your debt as you go, remember…after you buy and sell several dozen homes, it’s not scary any more. You just have to work at it every day.

Scary to take that first step - Posted by Charles and Amy

Posted by Charles and Amy on August 19, 2000 at 10:17:09:

We have owned the Carleton Sheets Course For approx. 3 yrs.
Now finally being fed up with “working for someone else”, the course was dusted off and is dilegently being studied.

We study nightly and have have researched newspapers, real estate brochures and cruised the nieghborhoods. We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area(Arlington actually) and in viewing the properties around us , these properties he speaks of with flexible sellers, HUD/FHA/VA, bread & butter properties are truly abundant.

We are ready to truly hone our skills and get going , but that first step is scary. Questions remain such as What if we concentrate on single family homes and they sit unrented?
We have excellent credit ,already and own our own home, but he dosen’t discuss people who are in credit card debt as we are. Anyone with respone to these qeustions or knowledge of my area by experience , would be appreciated.

Re: Scary to take that first step - Posted by Lana S

Posted by Lana S on March 05, 2001 at 11:43:42:

Hi, Just to let you know, I am just getting started in Carletons program and live just south of Ft Worth (Joshua) and I agree after studying and looking at the prospects this area has great potential, but am also scared about making the first step.

Re: Scary to take that first step - Posted by anin

Posted by anin on August 19, 2000 at 12:19:33:

I would strongly suggest that you focus on paying off credit cards as soon as possible. They only stand in the way of your being a true master of your money and destiny.

Re: Scary to take that first step - Posted by John

Posted by John on August 19, 2000 at 19:26:34:

We are trying to do our first rehab to flip .we to have alot of card debt .we squeeked by getting a loan because we have good credit .its going to be a very scary and thin next couple months until we flip qand sell this house .If we can we stand to make $13000 in profit that will pay off a card or two .and then well do it again . we should close in about a week .To be honest im scared to death but we are going for it .

Good luck to you go for it John