SCook, For the Newbies out here... - Posted by Gambit (NC)

Posted by Gambit NC on January 28, 2002 at 19:48:21:

Got it! Listened to it about 3-4 times and still do.

On order I have The Psychology of Selling by Tracy. Any other suggestions?

SCook, For the Newbies out here… - Posted by Gambit (NC)

Posted by Gambit (NC) on January 28, 2002 at 14:26:53:

Steve-
I am 18 years old and I am learning all I can about RE investing. I have your course and read it twice in 2 days (at the expense of my English class). I was wondering if you could throw out some advice for us newbies. I have a mentor and will start working with them in about a month of so. I am a member of the local REI club. I am trying to make the connections and studying about 3 hours a night on RE. Here is my question:

In your course in the section “Getting Started” you talk about how much learning you did before starting. You mention, “staying up late every night reading and listening real estate tapes while I was driving.”

What books and tapes did you find most helpful? What did you find the most important and informative for you? What books/tapes do you recommend?

Thanks for all of the work you do here on the boards! Myself and the others really apprecitate it!

I recommend - Posted by wayne-pa

Posted by wayne-pa on January 28, 2002 at 19:42:24:

Power Negotiating by Roger Dawson

Re: SCook, For the Newbies out here… - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on January 28, 2002 at 16:04:20:

I am sure Steve will give much better advice, but I would try reading here a lot and seeing what others are saying. You can always learn from the experts here!